1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please, need help. Cambridge and KEF???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rikizzy, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Rikizzy

Rikizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :hiya: Hello all,

First I'd like to say great site,
    This is my first post here.

Last year I fell in love with the sound of Kef's speakers, it was my first experience with great imaging and soundstaging, and I found some great deals on the speakers I bought.

But now that I got the whole set, my Panasonic is just not enough to really take advantage of what the Kef's can offer, so now I'm shopping for a new receiver.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever experienced this match. The Cambridge Azur 540R and Kef Uni-Q.

I was thinking of going for Marantz SR7500 ($1300cdn) but I saw the Azur($898cdn)and I'm told that's a great deal.

Just don't know how it would sound with my Kef's.

Thanks in advance.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Welcome to the forums :hiya:

The best advice anyone can give you is try to demo the amps with kef q series speakers preferably in your home or in a shop. I would personally say the Marantz sr7500 will blow the Azur totally away in all departments

3. Rikizzy

Rikizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply,

I agree, the Marantz is a very good match to Kef, unfortunately, none of the Cambridge sellers have Kef, one did say he sold a couple to Kef owners and that they are happy with it, but I think he was just trying to convince me of it to make a sell.

I'm off to an Audio/Video show here in Montreal and all the High End guys will be there, I think I will be drooling all day. I'll ask some questions there.

Thanks again and other opinions are welcomed.

Rik