Please list any qualified sources which prove Mobile Phones are totally safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Chavez

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble finding sources which prove mobile phones are completely safe. Basically my nephew asked me to help him with an assignment where they have to choose a popular fake news topic and then use actual qualified research to debunk it.

Problem is all the qualified research points to mobile phones being extremely dangerous to life!!

I googled: 900mhz rats

Example 1:
"In conclusion, the present study suggests that low intensity microwave radiation induces oxidative stress, inflammatory response and DNA damage in brain by exerting a frequency dependent effect."

Example 2:
"Results showed that postnatal EMF exposure caused a significant decrease of the pyramidal cell number in the CA of the EMF group (P<0.05). Additionally, cell loss can be seen in the CA region of EMF group even at qualitative observation."

Example 3:
"2.45 GHz Microwave Radiation Impairs Learning and Spatial Memory via Oxidative/Nitrosative Stress Induced p53-Dependent/Independent Hippocampal Apoptosis: Molecular Basis and Underlying Mechanism"

There are dozens and dozens of articles all saying the same basic thing:
Mobile phone radiation destroys brain cells and other cells, causes learning difficulties, damages DNA, and these are just short term studies lasting around 30 days! imagine how much brain damage is caused by 30 years of exposure to mobile phones!

Id appreciate if anyone can help me find some qualified research which proves this is all just fake news. Surely these cant be fake universities and fake research labs putting out fake research that mobile phones are extremely dangerous. I thought it was just a conspiracy theory!

Please press the issue.

What type of search engine did you use, general google or one of the scholastic searches like Google Scholar?

You will need to look at who funded or sponsored the research as that will give you a steer to the motivation of the research and how the statistics may have been presented to skew a particular view or ignore data that suggested an opposite view. Not all statistical science is unbiased, even if unintentional.

Edit: Any output from any research projects need to be compared with other everyday hazards and activities to give the data context in an everyday simple to understand setting. For example, research output such as "...Mobile phone radiation destroys brain cells and other cells, causes learning difficulties, damages DNA.." may only have value when compared with the effect of normal background radiation on the same cells, and so on.

Last edited:
Not sure how the average person can hope to evaluate those studies. They may or may not have some scientific weight.

Hopefully those who understand these things will keep us safe. Not sure whose interest it would be in to cause mass sickness or death of our own people.

My Nephew 🤣
Yes unfortunately his parents arent that tech savvy and they've forwarded it to me.

On the bright side, had they not asked me to help I would never have realised how dangerous mobile phones actually are.

It is far more dangerous to get in a car and travel to work. That is my input based on deaths through driving v mobile phones.

Life itself is dangerous. Look around you today.

Not sure how the average person can hope to evaluate those studies. They may or may not have some scientific weight.

Hopefully those who understand these things will keep us safe. Not sure whose interest it would be in to cause mass sickness or death of our own people.
Hmm there is no financial interest/financial advantage in warning people that phones are damaging brains.

What major news outlet will tell people that the very method they use to read articles is damaging their brains?
That's like a restaurant telling it's diners that their chicken will give them food poisoning.

On the flip side there is MAJOR financial interest in selling as many disposable mobile phones as possible and making people be glued to their mobile phones for as long as possible.

It is far more dangerous to get in a car and travel to work. That is my input based on deaths through driving v mobile phones.

Life itself is dangerous. Look around you today.
This is not qualified research. I need actual qualified research saying phones are safe, not some anecdote about cars being worse.

You're not guaranteed to crash your car. I know people who have driven for 50 years and never had a single ding.

The research on mobile phones suggests that it's guaranteed that it starts killing brain cells and other cells, cause mental issues, cause DNA damage, etc. within 30 days.

Use Google scholar and look at peer reviewed papers. Typically well written and researched papers will be cited by others and this is also a good method of getting better research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom