Please let me find another job soon!

Setenza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My current contract is ending 4 weeks early as some imbecile has mismanaged the budget and it's now seriously in the red :mad:

So, I'll be out the door at the end of January :(

Since last Tuesday I've applied for over 50 jobs. I've had 7 phone calls back :thumbsdow

I hate looking for work, as I hate recruitment execs (sorry if you are one). It is not a nice industry and I find that the majority of people I deal with are not professional or even polite.

I simply cannot face signing on again.

Without going into too much personal detail, if I don't get another job soon, then I'll lose everything. My life works fine as long as two major payments are met. If they're not then the axe falls and I'm ****ed and so are a lot of other people lives who are linked to me.

The current London IT market is not what is was a year ago!

Let us just hope that the theory of positive affirmation is true.....

XoD.

Fingers crossed for you and all the other people out there in a position like this, I hope you find something soon.

The IT market is suffering all over Europe, not just London.

Hopefully you'll find something real soon!

Fingers crossed for you mate that you get another job.

I'm not in the I.T industry but know what it feels like to lose a job and be searching for a new one.

Good luck.

its not just IT, everything is screwed

i know alot of people with there own companies in various fields, they where all successful at the start of this, they are all laying of staff, cutting hours, slashing expenditure left right and centre, and they can only do so much of this :(

good luck, ill keep me fingers crossed.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll keep mine crossed for you! I'm waiting to hear back from one job, and just got a call about a sweet-sounding contract too. I think I'd rather take the permanent role at the moment though - don't fancy looking for another contract when this recession deepens. :eek:

Yes, that's the most frightening thing of all, It ain't just me! This is everywhere! Are we really facing the sort of mass unemployment that we saw in the 1930's!

Mind you I don't have to do IT. I have two arms and can do most tasks and will do whatever it takes to put food on the table.

XoD.

Good luck with the search, everyday is a new day with more chances and openings than the day before.

Liam

Good luck with your search and stay positive.

My youngest daughter has just been told that her place will be closing down, she left her old job 4 months ago to further her career at this place :mad:

My other daughter works for Barclay's bank!

Times are changing.

The current London IT market is not what is was a year ago!

No chance of moving to where the work is then?

I've had to do that and it is worth doing if you can't find work where you live.

Failing that you may need to swallow your pride and apply at the local supermarket or something. It would be better than signing on. :thumbsup:

All the best with the search XoD, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm in IT too, although not contracting. However the company I work for are currently looking to outsource what I do so I have no idea what's going to happen.

Its a mad mad world out there at the moment. :rolleyes:

Hi,

All I can say, is Best Of Luck with the jobhunting! :) Unfortunately, you and around 1.9million others are in the same (or a very similar) boat! :thumbsdow

As others have pointed out, you may have to just take a job you can do, and that's offered to you, until something more suitable comes-up. It's depressing and a very crappy situation to be in, but other than that, there's not much else to do.

Also, don't feel ashamed about "Signing On". You, and I, and everyone else who really knows you via this Forum, knows that you aren't one of the chavvy dole-scum, that want to live-off of Employment & Support Allowance (formerly Jobseekers Allowance), so don't think that you are! You're a human being, doing what you need to do to survive, and there's nothing wrong in having to ask anyone for help. :)

Pooch

I hate looking for work, as I hate recruitment execs (sorry if you are one). It is not a nice industry and I find that the majority of people I deal with are not professional or even polite..

I own a recruitment agency, I am a recruitment consultant. I agree with you. We have a bad reputation and rightly so imo. If I was working in the IT recruiting sector I would of course try and help you.

Here's a few firms I've heard of that do IT recruitment:

Eurobase Banking & Insurance Software, Systems, Solutions & Services

Darwin Recruitment

As a note for others: if you have no savings or other means (investments, stocks, shares, etc) to meet your financial obligations if redundancy hits, I am amazed that people do not have insurance for sickness and unemployment.

Best of luck and I hope you get a new job soon,

Since last Tuesday I've applied for over 50 jobs. I've had 7 phone calls back.

All I can say is good luck and do as you are doing - it's basically a numbers game, if you apply for enough jobs then one will bite. Also think out of the box, as again you are doing.

Best of luck Xusia. You'll find something I'm sure.
I myself has just been given a pay cut, hence my recent retreat into LOTRO for a bit of escapism!
I have my fingers (and toes) crossed for you.:)

Hope you find something mate

I need to find work till July when i go to Florida to work and i'm finding it bloody difficult. I doubt i'm entitled to sign on either as it was my choice to leave my job because i was being mistreated

Hope you find something mate

I need to find work till July when i go to Florida to work and i'm finding it bloody difficult. I doubt i'm entitled to sign on either as it was my choice to leave my job because i was being mistreated

They will give you a reduced (sanctioned) amount of JSA for a set period but not indefinately. I would sign on. Don't miss out on what your entitled to.

Even though i actually have enough money in my bank to live on?

If you're not working, and not signing on, then you'll be missing N.I contributions.
This can be a pain come retirement age...

Signing on is a lot easier than chasing up the missed payments when you're back working again. ;)

Savings limit is £16k. Under that and you're entitled to full JSA (other factors not withstanding).

Even though i actually have enough money in my bank to live on?

If you've paid enough NI contributions you will get JSA (contributions based) for 6 months (currently £60.50 p/w if your over 25). This isn't means tested. You could have a million pounds in the bank and still get it. After 6 months you would get JSA (income based) which is means tested.

Last edited:
Well I got a phone call from my agent yesterday stating that my contract was NOT ending early and that I was still working till the end of February.

He also pointed out that my employers were very happy with my work and organisation skills. As I've been here 9 months, I know the software and other bespoke IT products and most important of all, the entire site (its a very big hospital).

Subsequently it would be foolish of them to let me go. So it would appear that I'm also going to get a contract extension!!!!!

This will be confirmed in writing within a week. Yes the budget is over spent, but that's their problem and not mine. Funds would be found for me and several of my colleagues.

This is the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast!

XoD.

Well I got a phone call from my agent yesterday stating that my contract was NOT ending early and that I was still working till the end of February.

He also pointed out that my employers were very happy with my work and organisation skills. As I've been here 9 months, I know the software and other bespoke IT products and most important of all, the entire site (its a very big hospital).

Subsequently it would be foolish of them to let me go. So it would appear that I'm also going to get a contract extension!!!!!

This will be confirmed in writing within a week. Yes the budget is over spent, but that's their problem and not mine. Funds would be found for me and several of my colleagues.

This is the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast!

XoD.

Thats really great news mate :thumbsup:

Congratulations!
I can un-cross all my body parts now.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom