Please! I need a migration cable now!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sukhy5, Sep 18, 2007.

1. sukhy5

sukhy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Help! Can anyone who has recieved an Elite Migration Cable from MS please send me theirs a.s.a.p? I printed off the pdf form from the xbox website and sent it off on launch day.

A few days ago I read that a few people have recieved their cable from Microsoft as well as an email informing them that it has been sent. I had not recieved an email as such.

So I waited a few days until today when I phoned their customer support office who had no record of me sending a form to them and therefore no cable was sent out. They agreed to send me one but it will take 10 working days.

The reasons for this request are:

1) I am on annual leave next week, and I hope to play Halo 3 on my HDTV via HDMI

2) There is a good chance that I will miss out on the special trade in offer from GAME who will give me £140 for (deadline is 30th September).

So please can anyone lend me theirs, and I will send it back via special delivery as soon as I get it! I am aware that there is a elite cable 'bike' thread but I will be well down on the list! Please help an avid gamer :rolleyes:

2. rimmep1

rimmep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Send me a PM - looks like you've missed the boat in the bike thread. I will send you mine from my 120GB HDD kit.

The only condition is, once you've used it you are then responsible for sending my kit to another person waiting in the AVForums bike thread.

3. sukhy5

sukhy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    God bless you sir! I shall send you a PM right now!

4. Gavin1969

Gavin1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic! :thumbsup:
    I've arranged to grab the cable after sukhy5, so if you'd like it after me give me a shout!

5. superga1999

superga1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sweet! :)
    I've arranged to grab the cable after Gavin1969, so if you'd like it after me give me a shout!

6. Gavin1969

Gavin1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just want to say a BIG THANKS to rimmep1 for generously sacrificing his migration cable and to sukhy5 for forwarding it on so promptly/securely! :smashin:

Got the cable this morning, transfer took just under an hour (estimated 1hr 20 mins), no problems at all! :thumbsup:

I've posted the cable on to superga1999, who's currently the last in our little 'bike' list.

If you'd like the migration cable next you need to send him a PM sharpish, else he'll probably pass it onto the main list.

Thanks again guys! :clap:

7. superga1999

superga1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Update! Migration kit status.

Currently in transit to myself (cheers Gavin1969!)

After I've received it I will send it to JonnyLarge. I will send you a PM to get your details once I've finished with it. I'd imagine this to be Monday or Tuesday next week.

8. dragonuk

dragonuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just got an elite n need to transfer my stuff, can I use the cable after? WHen will i be? whats the list like, cheers

9. huddster

huddster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good community spirit here...ps i would also like to join the cue, could really do with one of these

10. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Nice work guys all helping each other out:) Some of the forums I go on are one for all and all for one kind of forums. But the people on here are great. (don't want the cable btw :))

11. JonnyLarge

JonnyLarge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Superga1999 sent me a message today letting me know that he received the kit today and shall be sending it to me tomorrow.

DragonUk I'll be getting in touch with you asking for your address if you still want it and I'll send it to you the day after I get it.

Be sure to pass it on to the person who wants it next and lets keep this going guys, because like someone said before me, the spirit here is great.Admittedly I only came here looking for the kit, but I think I'll stay here if the people here are this good to each other. :smashin:

12. crown62

crown62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi before I ask if I can join in the kind offer of the pass the cable that is going on, I was wondering if any body can answer something for me?

If I were to buy an Elite 360 could I not just download my xbox live account details from xbox live, under recover account details,and any arcade games I have downloaded? I dont mind if I loose my game saves:)or is the migration cable the only way to go?

Blockbuster has a good deal with the Elite plus Halo3 for £299, my trade in for my premium is £160 ( my 3rd and I dont think this one is too well!! so trade in is right for me), but, would then of course loose my hard drive in the process?

Its a daft situation if you want to trade your old console in:thumbsdow

13. EL Dukeo

EL Dukeo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Could I join the queue? I really need this cable I need to get rid of my other 360 next week.

14. dragonuk

dragonuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Where is the cable currently at the moment?

cheers

15. superga1999

superga1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I used the kit last night no problem! :smashin: Posted today 1st class recorded to JonnyLarge. Drop me a PM when you have it please.

This has really helped me out so a big thanks to rimmep1 and Gavin1969 - sterling gents!