Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JoeB, Jul 15, 2003.

1. JoeB

JoeB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hav been lookin for a dv camcorder for a while now and i cant decide on a model.
    I hav read many reviews and my budget is £550-600.
    I am thinkin of buyin a Panasonic GS50 or a JVC GRD95X/GRD100
    I cant decide which one is the best for me. I do want good quality video and reasonable standard stills. please help me out, thanks.:rolleyes: :confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    As with all consumer goods you get a large choice, but only 1 or 2 will be good at certain things and a couple of the others will be better at something else.

SO.......

what will you be useing the cam for?
    which features are important to you?
    does size/weight/battery life etc etc matter?
    what will you do with the footage? play on TV, edit on PC etc.

Sorry to throw questions back at you, but these (and many more :devil: ) will help us to advise you.

Mark.

3. JoeB

JoeB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont really need an advanced one, its goin to be used for special occasions or a holidays etc.
    I want to get a camcorder that will last me at least a few years without thinkin of changin it.
    I wud however be editing in therfore i need DV In & Out and hav already got firewire. i want to take reasonable quality stills from the camcorder as i do not hav a digital camera.
    I hav seen that most new camcorders are light in weight and are very small in size.
    I do like the look and features of both panasonic GS50 and the JVC GRDX95EK, but am not sure if these models hav any problems such as low light or nething else for tht matter.
    It wud really help if u can tell me about these models and/or any other good models in the price range of upto £600.
    I hope this gives u a better understanding of wat im after and hope to for a reply asap. thanks.

4. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    As I've said to other in here:
    Try the Sony TRV-22, nice bit of kit, and it handles really well, I have a VX2000 as well, but it's a fun little thing.