• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please Help!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 244378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 244378

I'm having problems getting the ps3 set up correctly audio and visual. My PS3 is connected to my Samsung LE40R73BDX via HDMI to my ONKYO tsx 605 amp. The problem is the sound. I've managed to get Dolby Digital Ex from my blueray movies using just the HDMI and no optical cable, by tweaking alot of the settings. but for sum reason when playhing games it dosent play in surround sound? The display on the amp changes to multichannel or something! Can anyone tell me why? Also i dont think im getting the best from the picture quality? not impressed! anyone have a simular set up and can advise me on the best settings? thanks.

fizl

Prominent Member
I don't have your set up (in fact the only similarity is the PS3 itself!!) but are you aware that not all games are DD 5.1?

Which games don't you feel you are getting decent sound from?

Shaz

D

Deleted member 244378

yeah ive looked at the back of the boxes and they do support dolby digital, its every game. im sure if i used the optical cable i would get fulll surround but for sum reason it wont do it through the HMDI. It will for Blueray movies but for games, my amp just displays multichannel. althought i just checked it is multichannel but also says pcm 7.1 fs 48khz. Is this better perhaps???

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom