please help??

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by tails007, Jan 2, 2007.

1. tails007

tails007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    hi.

im new to voip, i have read the sticky at the top of this page but am still lost so please bear with me if i ask something that has already been addressed.

I am looking to get some sort of wi fi phone for my house, primarily to save money on phone bills. I will have a wireless broadband modem router and a 2mb tiscalli connection.

I need to be able to make and receive calls to and from UK landlines with the odd call to some skype users.

Please can somebody tell me how i can do this and what sort of equipment i would need.. Would like to have wi fi phones as i understand that i will need to have my computer on otherwise, which i do not want to do.

Thanks for your help

Adam

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    If you choose the right BT package these days call costs are so small I now find it hard for even the likes of Skype to meet. With local and National calls after 6:00pm and weekends at 5.5p per hour, thats cheap. The package I went for at £30 a month (option 3) gave me unlimited Local and National calls free 24/7 (i.e. anytime in the day) and included the rental which you will never escape. Trouble is people do not look into what services there current supplier now offers and just except high bills. Skype calls to the UK cost 1.4p per minute.