1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TOPCAT, Nov 30, 2001.

1. TOPCAT

TOPCAT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the Wharfedale DVD Player over two years ago and thing it is excellent, I am still a bit of a beginner in the dvd world and have purchased a SONY Home Theater System HT-K170 and want to acheive full Digital sound or 5:1 can you a) tell me is this possible and b) what I need to buy it ?

Please help me
    :eek:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have had a look at the Sony web site which is as uninformative as usual. It seems that the HT-K170 is Pro Logic only and therefore whilst you will be able to receive Pro Logic surround sound from the unit you cannot get full 5.1 digital sound.

Unfortunately there are no details of connections on the web site but you will probably have to run a pair of phono cables from the DVD player to the amp for the sound whilst connecting the DVD player to the TV via a scart socket - preferably the scart input that accepts RGB signals if the TV accepts RGB signals or S-Video if it doesn't.

Ian