PLEASE HELP

Nailemnails

Novice Member
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. ive had the lg uh850v for a few years now and had no problems.ive been playing xbox one x in hdr and watching Sky Q in hdr no problems whatsoever.....until today. my xbox automatically switches to hdr for a 4k game but my tv does NOT switch to hdr when i watch a 4k channel. it always used to.....for example i switch to watch the footy on sky sports....it says do u want to watch in uhd u say yes it switches to uhd and so does the tv......the problem i have now is hdr is only in effect mode theres no REAL hdr channel so sky q switches to uhd but my tv doesnt recognise this and stays on whatever normal channel im on sport or standard etc...it always used to switcjh automatically for me......like i say there is NO hdr channel there at all any more.....i hope its something simple .....please please help me....many thanks...... ps......it DOES switch to full hdr on my obox one x still as usual ....and my sky q settings r still 2016p and 10 bit which always worked before

John7

Could be your HDMI cable has developed a fault. Try switching X Box HDMI over.

Also, connect Xbox to same HDMI socket on TV as used for Sky Q. Could be the HDMI board on the TV. Check the cable switch out first though

Nailemnails

Novice Member
ok sorry for my wrong initials....i just mean it wont swutch to automatically go to hdr when i go to a uhd channel.....like i said if i was watching sky sports and it was available in uhd it would ask me if i wanted to watch in uhd....i would say yes , press the button and the tv would automatically switch to hdr channel so it was in 4k....this doesnt happen any more and i cannot manually select it either....sorry if i wasnt clear.....it will just stay on the tv channel im on....vivid or standard or hdr effect or sports etc....there is no hdr channel any more......yet weirdly when i play my xbox one x it DOES switch to hdr channel when i go from 1080p game to 4k game

Nailemnails

Novice Member
ok thx but what is cable switch out ....complete novice here....nothing has changed by the way in my setup for years its justthe tv....it had to be reset ....after that i followed all advice on here and got everything except tv switching to hdr working....ill try hdmi port switching and see if it works now....

Nailemnails

Novice Member
ok that made no difference putting the sky hdmi into the xbox x port....now its looking like the tv wont recognise sky q as an hdr uhd channel....my settings on sky q r correct 2016p and 10 bit which they always have been

John7

Still could be HDMI cable. You need to try another cable (use the Xbox one) to see if the fault clears.

Failing that, it could be the HDMI input that Sky is connected to has failed. You would prove this by connecting the Xbox to the same HDMI input on the TV. If the fault is still there, it is the HDMI on the TV that is fried.

You could try HDMI re-set. Switch off TV at mains and remove all HDMI cables. Leave for 5 minutes. Plug all HDMI cables in and switch TV back on.

Nailemnails

Novice Member
magic will try all......sorry if im explaining this like a noob (more like nob) but im normally averagee with tech and use google or utube etc to get by as im not lazy, but this one is out of the blue and exasperating and puzzling....many thx i will try now

Nailemnails

Novice Member
ok i put the xbox x into the tv port and the hdr works perfectly as in all ports......so i will now try your all hdmi out and off for 5 to 10 mins.....

Nailemnails

Novice Member
interestingly i have a 4k splitter and if i split to my other lg 4k tv that DOES go into hdr, but my 850 DOESNT , obviously i have been trying recently without the splitter but it doesnt work . so its definitely the 50 not picking up a tv signal is in uhd and switching to hdr.......

John7

So, if the Xbox works in the TV port, the port is OK
Have you tried the XBOX HDMI cable with the SKY?

Nailemnails

Novice Member
ok its deffo the 850 tv as ive done everything including switching all cables etc. my 40 lg 4k works perfectly with any cable and any input but the 850 doesnt recognise uhd at all. it does recognise the hdr thru xbox 1 X in any port .....so there is some sort of disconnect between sky q uhd and the 850 recognising it

Nailemnails

Novice Member
everything was working fine for years with no changes done as it was all good. yesterday the tv seemed odd so i factory reset it, then reset aall settings like hdmi deep colour etc. it cant be cables as no matter whiich way round i switch them the xbox works fine with any cable in any port as does my smaller 40 lg 4k tv with any cable in any port(it switches to hdr immediately i select uhd on sky or xbox)

Nailemnails

Novice Member
am i missing a simple ON setting somewhere on the 850 ? or an AUTO switch setting to hdr setting somewhere....thats sorta what it feels like.....i guess i could try factory reset once more?

John7

In that case then, the factory reset broke your TV or you've missed a setting somewhere?
Failing that, I don't have any further suggestions for you, sorry.

Nailemnails

Novice Member
i think the problem is i have not had my internet on the tv since i bought it, i linked it and the tv updated which has thrown me......i think im just expecting older settings and am looking for things no longer there? when u select a uhd program or box set what does your tv channel change to please ?

Trending threads

Top Bottom