1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ianlecompte, May 23, 2005.

1. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    sorry if these questions sound dumb.i,m borrowing my friends pj which is an infocus dlp (fairly good i understand)to use in my garage.i,m projecting on to a sheet screen which is about 7ft overall image.now my questions are these...
    1.why does the image tapper in by about 4 to 5".
    2.why are the whites so glarey
    3.why are the edges of items almost fuzzy .
    i understand that the screen could be better,but because the pj is,nt mine i dont want to go to too much effort or expense.(i,ve only got it till weds)
    i,ve used it before in the lounge onto a 5ft screen(which is a proper pj screen)and have found the image to be really good,but not great.
    any ideas,advice would be most welcome.
    cheers
    ian :thumbsup:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    I'll take a few guesses. :)

1. The image isn't square to the screen - you probably have the projector angled up or down so the bottom is wider than the top or vice versa. You need to position the projector so that it is facing the screen squarely.

2. You have the contrast set too high, or the screen is too shiney/has a high gain.

3. Dunno. :) Out of focus maybe or the screen is having an odd effect perhaps?

Gary.

3. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Ian. The tapering is one off two things either the position of the Pj to screen is very acute i.e to high or low or even more simply the Keystone setting has been left set by the previous user . The setting should be adjsutable on the pj itself or via the remote menu
    As for ythe whites being "glarey" go into the menu's picture settings and check out contrast and brightness levels they could need reducing
    Now for the edges being "fuzzy" have you tried focusing the lens?
    What are you feeding into the pj ?

Lawrence