Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by krillium, Dec 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. krillium

krillium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all! First of all, sorry for my English as I'm from Spain. Please I need your help, I want to buy a LCD TV but I have some doubts about what to do.

I was thinking about buying a Philips 37PF9986 TV. I decided to buy a LCD because at a first glance at the shops I noticed the image quality was better than in every plasma tv I watched. But then I surfed the internet for a while (including this forum) and I read some people say there are a lot of problems in some points, as "artifacting" when an image moves fast or unnatural colours, so I am thinking if I am doing right buying an LCD or maybe I should wait for some months when other models come up with improved technology. The question is: should I not be scared of this comments? am I doing it right if I buy this model? Do you think there is a better LCD model in 37''? Maybe it's better nowadays buying a plasma screen? As we all know, it is a lot of money to be paid for one of these tv's and I would not want to be dissapointed when I have it at home. This Philips model seems so good! But I need your opinion in order to be sure. Thank you very much for your replies, and congratulations for this great forum! (I hope I didn't write too bad) :)

2. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have not noticed any rapid movement artifacts, although you do get some "halo" artifacts around moving objects in certain conditions when the signal is poor (i.e. too compressed) - these are associated with Pixel Plus 2 rather than the set being LCD. With a good signal and high quality source material I have no problems. In these circumstances the set is excellent.

And I have not even tried it with a high quality progressive scan DVD yet....

3. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Oh, and your English appears very good - so no problems there either!