1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by krillium, Dec 4, 2004.

1. krillium

krillium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all! First of all, sorry for my English as I'm from Spain. Please I need your help, I want to buy a LCD TV but I have some doubts about what to do.

I was thinking about buying a Philips 37PF9986 TV. I decided to buy a LCD because at a first glance at the shops I noticed the image quality was better than in every plasma tv I watched. But then I surfed the internet for a while (including this forum) and I read some people say there are a lot of problems in some points, as "artifacting" when an image moves fast or unnatural colours, so I am thinking if I am doing right buying an LCD or maybe I should wait for some months when other models come up with improved technology. The question is: should I not be scared of this comments? am I doing it right if I buy this model? Do you think there is a better LCD model in 37''? Maybe it's better nowadays buying a plasma screen? As we all know, it is a lot of money to be paid for one of these tv's and I would not want to be dissapointed when I have it at home. This Philips model seems so good! But I need your opinion in order to be sure. Thank you very much for your replies, and congratulations for this great forum! (I hope I didn't write too bad) :)

2. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have not noticed any rapid movement artifacts, although you do get some "halo" artifacts around moving objects in certain conditions when the signal is poor (i.e. too compressed) - these are associated with Pixel Plus 2 rather than the set being LCD. With a good signal and high quality source material I have no problems. In these circumstances the set is excellent.

And I have not even tried it with a high quality progressive scan DVD yet....

3. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Oh, and your English appears very good - so no problems there either!