1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ronald, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ronald

ronald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I set up my new Panasonic Viera plasma last night. It was working OK for about 20 minutes, then I noticed a fine line about halfway up the screen going horizontally across - this was on all stations, both from Sky & the normal aerial. I went out of the room & when I returned the picture was completely scrambled, sound is fine - again on all channels. I cannot bring up the menu screen & the set now turns itself off after a few seconds.

Obviously I will contact the dealer on Monday, but I don't want to repack it all if it is something simple (I am a complete muppet at this stuff!). Any suggestions gratefully received...........

Many thanks!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Switch it oiff at the mains leave it 30 min and try again time how long it stays on before going mad... Sounds like a either its getting to hot/PSU issue or video drvie is dying if it is under 7 days old you can have a brand new one not a repair (push for a new unit)

3. ronald

ronald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply........... I'll contact the dealer tomorrow!