please help

michaell

Standard Member
I have a lg ld550. I've had it for about 13 months now and its worked perfectly. Just this morning I turned it on and something really odd happened. After about 3 seconds the screen flashed to black, and then back, and repeated this a couple more times, then just shut off. Every time I turned my tv back on it would do this. I tried again after about 15 minutes and it was fine. However after my tv was off for a couple hours this afternoon, the same thing happened again. Does anyone know what the cause is? I have a two year warranty, but I really don't want to go through the hassle. Also you could say over the past month its gotten a good amount of use, I've been playing the hell out of Skyrim.

iaint

Hi.
Does this happen with all sources? Could it be as simple as reseating/replacing a failing HDMI lead? Or moving something new that's reflecting the light back to the remote sensor? Changed any lightbulbs for fluorescents recently?
If you have the warranty, might be worth using it... Certainly don't want to do anything that will give them cause to deny warranty. So don't take the back off or start flashing firmware or anything like that...
--
Regards, Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom