Please Help!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Hicksy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Hicksy

Hicksy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I have Cable via a bog standard Pace receiver (can't have sky on my block of flats!) and the picture is naturally quite crap on my plasma.

Are there ways of getting a better box with improved inputs or something? ALternatively anything you can suggest.

Much appreciated.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I don't think there are any Cable (digital?) STB's with anything other than RGB scart as their main "quality" output, the best bet would be to use a RGB to VGA convertor and feed the Plasma directly. That is certainly the recommended approach from a number of people in the Plasma/LCD forum.

However there is bugger all you can do about getting a better picture from your cable source, no STB will improve that (I assume it is digital we are talking about) since the cable company sets the bitrates the channels are broadcast at which has a direct impact on the picture quality you receive.

DVD's look good though?
    If that's the case at least you know the Plasma is performing as it should but is being let down by the source material from cable, has to be said that there are many channels on Digital Satellite that are bery poor as well.

3. Hicksy

Hicksy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah DVD is fine. Much appreciated for your response.