1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Arshad, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The E box for the New Philips 42FD9954(42PF9965) cannot accept progressive through it's componet input, it is inlerlace only component input and the reason Philips company gave was that there is a Pixel Plus chip in the E box so progressive signal and the Pixel Plus cannot be used together. That's how the pixel plus works I guess in fact, it cannot accept any progressive signal only interlace if used with the E box.

But there are some inputs on the panel itself and the Philips told me that If I want to use the progressive scan function on my dvd player I need to directly connect it to the panel and not to the E box. He also pointed out that the component input on the plasma panel itself can accept progressive and HD TV signal of 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i.

Interlaced component
    a.k.a. component; Y, Pb, Pr; 480i

Progressive component
    a.k.a. component; Y, Cb, Cr; 480p

Broadband component
    a.k.a. component; Y, Cb, Cr; wideband component; 1080i; HDTV

I found this on the CNET.com

So the progressive component would be Y, Cb, Cr. Correct?

The interlace component would be Y, Pb, Pr. Correct?

G/Y, B/Pb, R/Pr is written write next to the inputs for the component input on the 42PF9965(42FD9954) panel which is available here.

But I found this on the UK website that it is written as G/Y/Y, B/Pb/Cb, R/Pr/Cr. So shouldn't it be written like this if it can support both interlace and progressive?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks