Please help with sound issue on LG Nano916

Crypozza

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I got my 86nano916 almost a year ago. And during this year I'm fighting with some sound issues.
My tv is connected to the Onkyo tx-rz840 av receiver, eARC is enabled.
The first issue was a short noise from all the speakers when I change something on tv. Let's say navigating Netflix content when a preview starts playing is followed by a short but loud noise. Then I replaced my HDMI cable with an expensive one and these noise issues were almost gone. However, the noise is still there, but not so loud and it is acceptable at the moment. Since now I have had another annoying issue.
Sound drops for a few seconds, Onkyo resets the input. It happens in loud scenes like explosions, fights, or low bass scenes.
I've tried the same content to play using an external media player plugged-in to Onkyo directly. No sound cuts in the same scenes.
It happened only when I watch the content using Netflix-like apps, or TV's internal media player.
For me, it is not an Onkyo problem as it perfectly works with other video/sound sources. I've tried everything: a few HTML cables, reset to default Onkyo hardware, played with some settings, no luck. I can try to service this TV, but I guess they will not do anything with that.
But, I have my old Denon AV receiver, which is almost 10 years old, no eArc, but it works without any sound issues.
So, I'm a bit stuck here, not sure what to try next.
Any ideas?

ARC/eARC are not strict standards there are differences between the implementations.

The Onkyo may have eArc compatibility issues with LG you can try to verify this by
1 - turning off eARC on TV and Onkyo to put them back into ARC mode.
2 - set the TV digital sound output as auto which is regular ARC for Dolby and Dolby Atmos.
3- set the TV digital sound output as PCM which is stereo.

See if the audio issues repeat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom