Please help with Sky,STRDA2400ES, & Harmony One.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by PMol, Jan 29, 2009.

1. PMol

PMol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    OK. I just upgraded my amp to the Sony STRDA2400ES. My TV is a JVC LT-32DY8ZJ. I am using the Logitech Harmony One Remote.
    I'm trying to set up the activity to 'Watch Sky'. Here is my problem..... The TV, and Sky come on as required, then the Amp switches to the SAT channel, but then the TV flicks back over to the AV5 input.

This is how the activity is setup.....
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106974&d=1233249996
    The Sky is connected to the TV via a SCART cable. The Sky is connected to the AMP via an Optical Cable. The AMP is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable (but I dont think this is relevent)

InputVideo 1 is the right channel, because I can manually select it with the TV remote and watch as normal. SAT is right because the sound plays as normal. Help please...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    You've answered your own question - it's the Scart causing the problem, one that often arises!
    Change to a better connection, to a Scart that isn't fully wired, or to Scart adaptors with 1 video and 2 audio cables.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. PMol

PMol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was gonna change from scart to component for the sky box, so I can run the video through the amp and use the upscaling thing.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Yes, that should give you a double advantage - any three core cable with RF plugs will do.
    Hope that's helped but let us know if there are any other problems or questions.