1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with remote monitor switching.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Trojan, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Trojan

Trojan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,457
    Hi
    I have my Htpc connected to my monitor which has a res of 1024x768 for everyday use and also to my Panasonic ae500 through dvi with a res of 1280x720. I have powerstrip installed and I have set up a hotkey in powerstrip to switch primary monitors which works great. I am using a Pronto to control everything and a remote software called Uice which I found easy to set up compared to Girder which just wrecked my head. The problem I have is that I cannot get Uice to control the hotkey in powerstrip. I know Uice is seeing Powerstrip as I did a trial to see if I could remotely switch powerstrip on and off which I could. So I tried this,I made a desktop shortcut for the 1280x720 and then used the F5 scheme in the ati control panel to switch monitors. The remote process was then as follows, Uice would switch monitors then send the mouse to the desktop 1280x720 res shortcut and double click it. Everything goes blank on the monitor end but nothing on the projector and I think that is to do with the res as the dvi input will not recognize the 1024x768 res. When I disable the alt F5 scheme and switch everything back to powerstrip and use the powerstrip hotkey and do a couple of switched back and forth and then set everything back to the alt F5 scheme it all works fine so it looks like the projector needs to see the 1280x720 res first before I can use the alt F5 scheme. Sorry about the long post but I am hoping that someone out there can help me out.
    Thank you.