Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Please help with P-1A and SP1.7

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by TT9, Jan 8, 2005.

1. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings all,

This is probably of question for the processor/amp board but I thought I might have a better chance of an informed response here.

I have taken a Bryston SP1.7 on loan having given back an MC-12B. For Digital Music listening, I use a DVD32R transport, the Perpetual Technologies P-1A upsampler, and then the digital input into a processor. Ultimately I will be getting a Dan Wright Sig2 P-3A but thats another subject.

Anyway in the mean time, I have a small problem with this combination. If I set the sample rate on the P-1A to 96Khz, the display on the Bryston correctly shown the incoming signal as this, but there is no music, only a nasty pink noise. If the sample rate is set as 44 or 48, these numbers are also correctly shown and the music is fine. I have tried experimenting also with the bit density but it doesn't make any difference at the 96Khz rate. At the two lower sample rates, I can output the full 24bits without problem, but nothing at 96 seems to work.

Is something faulty or is there a reason why this would not work ? Does anyone know enough about the SP1.7's internals to be able to offer an explanation why this should or shouldn't work ?

I have this working fine with my old AV32R and the borrowed MC12-B.

Thanks and Regards,
    Steve.