1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with ONKYO HT-R520 issue!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by justcrash, Apr 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. justcrash

justcrash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys! I am in desperate need of help. I have a 6 month old ONKYO HT-R520 6.1 receiver that has been awesome since I bought it. The otherday, I shut it off the way I always do, and thought nothing of it.

Later that night, I turned everything on, and all it would say on the LCD was V2. I can not get any sound out of it at all. I've checked and reqired everything, I've unpluggedit over night, and I reset it to defaults per the instructions in the manual.

I don't have the money for repairs, let alone to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

2. Nailhead

Nailhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just went to turn on my Onkyo receiver today as well and got the same problems. Usually cycling through the display will show up PCM (or Dolby Digital, DTS if watching a DVD), but it doesn't budge from the Volume message.

I thought the speakers were turned off, but no they weren't and everything should be ok but no sound :(

If I have to send it in for repairs and it isn't covered under Onkyo's warrenty I'll probably skip it and buy a Harmon/Kardon receiver, so for Onkyo's sake I hope they treat me right!

BTW, I've had my system (HT-R520) for about a year.

3. lee1313

lee1313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    onkyo HT-R520. I got the same problem with my receiver. Got my receiver on Jan.7,2005 used very little, then no sound on Jan.23,2006. I just missed the year warranty. With all the same sound problems, their should have been a recall on the defective part! Now I need to figure out what to do with it. Any help? Thanks