1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with new purchase of 17" LCD...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jumbopants, Apr 17, 2005.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Went down to Argos today and saw the Mikomi 17in Widescreen LCD TV for just £250, the girlfriend wanted to buy it there and then, but being cautious I decided to see if I could get better at around the same price. Can anyone recomend a 17" widscreen LCD for around the same money OR max of £350 that has better specs with a brand name that I can pronounce. The TV is for the bedroom, and I'll been feeding a dvd via scart to it, and also I've got the RF lead run from downstairs to the LCD for sky. I'm gona have a good look myself to see if I can find better for around the same money, but would appreciate some help/info. So far I've liked the look of the Philips 170T4FS £320 from E-buyer but it has no scart input.

Many thanks in advance for any help. :)

2. ghostdog

ghostdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi

Have a look at the Samsung 730MW TFT TV. I have the 730MP which is the 4.3 version of that telly. It's got every type of connection including scart, component, svideo and at £350 is a bargain.

Well pleased with my MP so hopefully the MW uses the same electronics. You can buy it from www.technoworld.com - I think they have stock of both versions.

Ghostdog

3. ghostdog

ghostdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Forgot to add that the MP handles Pal and NTSC progressive via component

Ghostdog

4. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for the reply, I've just spent the last few hours looking through the forums and think I'm gona spend the extra and get a Acer AL2671W 26" Silver LCD TV. The reviews look good and has all the inputs you would ever want, with the added bonus of HDTV future proof. The cheapest I can find is around £607 incl. del from e-buyer. I've purchased thousands off e-buyer in the last few years and know I'll not have a problem if it goes wrong.