please help with new digital tv

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by gordon mckenzie, Jun 10, 2001.

1. gordon mckenzie

gordon mckenzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently purchased a panasonic tx 32dt2 digital tv and am having problems. when i change to certain digital channels (bbc1,bbc2,itv) the tv picture flickers on and off as if it`s deciding which screen format to display before it settles down despite having `auto` selected and it`s only on these channels. also the channel no. is permanently displayed unless i remove it using the remote. recently during football and the election the txt interactive page was permanently displayed and i could not remove it (despite pressing all sorts of buttons) apart from temporarily( about 3sec.) then it was back. i spoke to on-digital and they said it was a panasonic software problem and panasonic said i was to check with on-digital. any one out there know if this is just a quirk of panasonic tv`s?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    IF there is an auto wide mode make sure it is switched on, you could get odd behaviour otherwise as an example a W/S broadcast getting centre cropped.

It is Panasonic - nothing to do with OnDigital as you are FTA

My Sony behaves well and I know of no reason you Panasonic shouldn't either

I have seen Powerhouse manage to get a 4x3 picture off a Sony DVB tuner by b*ggering up the menus. If your TV is ex display this could be a problem.

You also may have a button which locks text onto the screen such as channel numbers, my old TV had a button which didn't clear even if the TV was switched off.

3. gordon mckenzie

gordon mckenzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply martin, i eventually got my on-digital welcome pack complete with a panasonic software upgrade. this has cured the picture flicker when changing channels but still have the no. displayed unless i use the remote. also the txt page problem seems to be sorted with the upgrade.

[ 15-06-2001: Message edited by: big g 1 ]

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Repost the question in TV forum about channel numbers - you might get more luck :)

5. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just a quick question:

Are you The Big G that Helen keeps going on about in Big Brother??

:D