please help with my weird tv picture

misscrazy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, :lease: someone help me because my TV is driving me crazy and making me ill :(

I recently (about 2 months ago) purchased a 32" LCD TV and was pleased with it (esp all the features pip, pop etc) but it had problems with the sound so I took it back the shop and got it exchanged and was pleased to get a more recent model, then that one had problems not responding to the remote control and also had the problems I've explained below, so got that one exchanged.

Now with this TV it is driving me C R A Z Y :mad: and don't know how I'm going to explain this, but i'll do my best...
When watching some programs and people move their heads I get like red streamers coming from their mouths, nose, ears and eyes, and, gliding ghosting images following the object and at times I can see a quick inprint (if thats what u call it) from the previous frame. Sometimes it looks like someones nose has jumped onto their forehead or wherever.
No matter what I change in the picture settings I can't get rid of these annoying problems *sob sob*
I had the TV sent back to the manufacturers and on the repair form they have changed the main board, but it hasn't made any difference the TV is still doing the same :(
Only just connected it back up about an hour or so ago since I got it back and only have the TV aerial connected so I'm just watching analougue TV, so it can't be a problem with any of the scart leads etc

It's the same watching from my freeview box, sky digital, watching tv or some video files on my pc connected through hdmi.
:lease: :lease: :lease: someone help me before I smash the :censored: up

Sorry I haven't mentioned the brand of TV as I don't want to put anyone off purchasing it, as it might just be unlucky me :rolleyes: It's not a well known brand, well I never heard of them till I seen this TV on offer for £499 and thought wow what a bargain and all the pip/pop features just what I wanted.

I've been to the big stores checking all the LCDs there and didn't see one TV doing all these weird things mine is doing.

My TV:
High resolution screen (1280 x 1024)
High contract ratio (1000:1) High brightness panel (550cd/m2)
Wide 176 degrees viewing angle
Anti-glare display
Simple plug and play installation
Smart-picture and smart sound modes
Full PC support
8ms response time
Picture in picture function
Teletext with 250 page memory
2 scart S-Video, hdmi, composite & VGA PC inputs

BTW the original older model TV that I got first had a great picture with none of what I've explained with the newer model.

Was there an Engineer's Report with the returned Tv, which signed off the repair as good?

It sounds like the TV is faulty.......obviously.

Is the TV in a cold/damp room such as a conservatory?

Have you ever had any electrical supply issues, fuses, MCB's blowing, other electrical equipment breaking?

Personally I would not waste too much time trying to solve the problem, I would insist on a refund the TV is not fit for purpose, you have given them a chance to repair it, and it still does not work.

If you have a camera phone / digital camera, try to capture the fault, then take camera / phone (or email it) to the store and show the problem.

It sounds like the store's after sales support is ok, so another brand TV from that store may be easier option than refund.

What type of shop did you buy it from (Supermarket / Hi-Fi / Electrical / Cash CON-verter type)?

i'm trying to reply to all your question by using 'quote' but for some reason i'm being told my message is too short :confused: oh it's ok now that i've added this ...huh??? what was that all about!?

Was there an Engineer's Report with the returned Tv, which signed off the repair as good?on the report it says tv wont respond to remote/problem with mainboard....i got really :censored: off when i read that, because that tv was exchanged at the store for this one. I put a letter in when returning this tv back to the manufacturer explaining all the picture problems, so why the :censored: hell did they put that in reason for return 'tv wont respond to remote'!? when this tv worked/works fine with remote.
Says in the repair details 'main board faulty, exchanged part'
What i want to know is, does the main board control the picture too? or is it just for the powering on n off, remote control etc

It sounds like the TV is faulty.......obviously.

Is the TV in a cold/damp room such as a conservatory? no it's not a cold damp room, it's in my bedroom

Have you ever had any electrical supply issues, fuses, MCB's blowing, other electrical equipment breaking? Ermmmm no not really....well my DAB radio on my mini HI FI stopped working for no reason

Personally I would not waste too much time trying to solve the problem, I would insist on a refund the TV is not fit for purpose, you have given them a chance to repair it, and it still does not work. this is what i'd like to do and get another brand, but i'd want it to have all the features the same as this TV

If you have a camera phone / digital camera, try to capture the fault, then take camera / phone (or email it) to the store and show the problem. Yes i have a camera phone and digital camera but to be honest i don't think it would be noticeble on a still picture

It sounds like the store's after sales support is ok, so another brand TV from that store may be easier option than refund. they don't have other brands of TV's it's more of a toy store

What type of shop did you buy it from (Supermarket / Hi-Fi / Electrical / Cash CON-verter type)?as i mentioned above a toy store that also sells sound and vision items

I've also noticed the teletext has all kinds of symbols like little red type of funny looking e's :confused: it's not my aerial as it's quite new on a six foot pole on top of the roof and my tv on pc is working fine, using the same aerial connected to a tv booster with two outputs. Even with the aerial direct to the tv its still the same.

What model of TV is this?

When watching some programs and people move their heads I get like red streamers coming from their mouths, nose, ears and eyes, and, gliding ghosting images following the object and at times I can see a quick inprint (if thats what u call it) from the previous frame.
Go into the Picture menu and find a setting called Noise Reduction, NR, P-NR, DVNR or something with "NR" in it and turn it Off.

It doesn't have any of those choices in the picture menu :-(

Is there any sort of option that hints at it? Like "Picture Enhancement" or a gimmicky sounding name?

If not, I suggest asking for a refund!

all that's in the picture settings are
contrast
brightness
colour
tint
sharpness
fresh tone
colour temp (normal, warm or cool)

btw the Resolution you mention is not correct for a 32" LCD TV. It is most likely a miss-print (or a maximum input resolution, not a native pixel resolution).

Most 32" LCD TV's are 1366x768 (a few older ones are 1280x768 or 1280x720). So if you are looking for a replacement you will not be able to match 1280x1024 as a feature.

LCD TV's are fairly complex to make, it is possible that your TV is faulty, and 99.99% of the others are fine.

Some cheap LCD TV's have "features" which people deem are faults, where 100% of sets are affected (such as lip-sync on many Cheaper brands).

I personally have a cheap 32" LCD TV, a Medion......and I'm very pleased with it, so another option is another replacement.

But IMHO if you can get a cash refund I would take it.

I have the resolution 1024x768 for my Medion MD8800 PC connected through HDMI and like it at that setting except for looking at photos making me look wider than what I am, everything else looks great, desktop, email, internet, watching my pc tv, videos etc.
I don't think there will be a problem getting a refund but I will definitely want a TV with the same features pip (picture in picture), pop (pop out picture, meaning a split screen) switch sound between sources with volume control, a choice to swap the source to full screen in pip, also size (3 sizes) and position (9 positions) for the smaller picture in pip. Aspect: normal, panorama, full, zoom 1, zoom 2.

Just looking in the manual recommended and supported resolutions 1360x768, 1280x1024,1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480 all @ 60Hz.
preset timing mode (pre adjusted to GTF 1360X768@60Hz)

My TV is a Swisstec J32/3 and I will be 100% pleased with it only if I can get this picture sorted out like the first model I had then I'll be a happy bunny.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom