Please help with a couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by diddy6662002, Jan 14, 2008.

1. diddy6662002

diddy6662002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just trying to download version 2.10 from tinternet and going on the uk PS3 web it does not seem to let you. It tells you about version 2.10 but when you click download software above it comes up with some version 1.0 dated Nov 2006 which i take it is not the right one. Can someone guide me there please.

Also what function for upscaling and BD is best to use. I put full screen as the option but dont know if this is what i need to be selecting.

Thanks

2. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I thought as soon as you plugged in and connected to the net it just asked you to download "the newest updates" and does it all straight off... :s

3. diddy6662002

diddy6662002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Thanks but not connected to the net. need to do it via a memory stick in the old PC and transfer...

4. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ah I see your problem now mate, I've just been and not sure if that means its the firmware version 1.0, or the version 1.0 of the agreement, try downloading it and putting it on the ps3, probably is the newest version!

Tried to download there (started it) it's 119.7MB, and the 2.10 update says its 120mb, so this is about right, doubt firmware version 1.0 was 120mb! Seems to be the right thing dude

5. kendoll

kendoll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    I think Bomer is right in that it is v1 of the agreement, rather than the firmware. :thumbsup:

6. diddy6662002

diddy6662002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have just downloaded it, but it does read a bit funny especially when the date next to it is Nov 2006.. Cheers anyway.

7. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yep, pretty silly tbh, they should change the actual download link to something like "Firmware Version X.XX" so you know which you're downloading!

8. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I read it wrong too.. a few downloads back.

9. kevstarkie

kevstarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Without starting a new thread thought I would use this one as I need help with a few questions. If I wanted to sell my 60gb ps3, how do I delete all the sign in names from the ps3. Also I downloaded GT5P from the jap psn, can I leave that on there to sell it with it.

Basically I want the ps3 to be as it was when I purchased it but with a few games I have downloaded onto it.

Then once you answer those can anyone let me know, if I got a new Ps3. When I turned it on for first time could I load up my sign in names again and then re download GT5P, thanks all.

10. saltyworm

saltyworm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    you can make a new username (the one on the far left of the xmb) and then delete your main username so that will delete your log in details, GT should still be there and playable

when you get your new ps3 just enter the PSN details and log back in, then you can go back to the PSN store and re-download the games you paid for.

thats what i did when i swapped my US ps3 for a UK one hope that helps :thumbsup: