Please help! Which TV?

robloxian

Hi, I'm struggling to decide on a new TV. I have until midnight when the 10% eBay code ends!

I currently have this TV:

I'm swaying between these two:

There's about £70 difference between them, with the Sony being the more expensive one.

I'd be using it for gaming - PS4, PS5 (not bothered about the 2.1 HDMI right now) and Sky Q and Blu-Ray.

My budget is £400 but would stretch to the Sony if it's worth it. The Sony ones does say 100hz refresh rate, which I thought was good as they're usually 50hz?

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

pastrybloke19

I
Hi, I'm struggling to decide on a new TV. I have until midnight when the 10% eBay code ends!

I currently have this TV:

I'm swaying between these two:

There's about £70 difference between them, with the Sony being the more expensive one.

I'd be using it for gaming - PS4, PS5 (not bothered about the 2.1 HDMI right now) and Sky Q and Blu-Ray.

My budget is £400 but would stretch to the Sony if it's worth it. The Sony ones does say 100hz refresh rate, which I thought was good as they're usually 50hz?

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
I would say neither:

Check out this guide:

work out if you need IPS (wide viewing angle) or VA (better blacks, narrow viewing angle), and look a the low tiers (to fit your budget). If you want value, the hisense models are very good.

robloxian

I

I would say neither:

Check out this guide:

work out if you need IPS (wide viewing angle) or VA (better blacks, narrow viewing angle), and look a the low tiers (to fit your budget). If you want value, the hisense models are very good.
Really? I thought Hisense were a poor model?

pastrybloke19

Really? I thought Hisense were a poor model?
I bought a hisense model for a friend; he needed a cheap, capable TV - and has been pleased ever since. If you pick the right one and have realistic expectations, then I think they are a good option.

No matter which tv you buy, always get an extended warranty for peace of mind (I.e John Lewis or Richer Sounds).

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom