1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help: Which 32" widescreen TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by SimonJB, Nov 19, 2004.

1. SimonJB

SimonJB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Please help!
    I'm considering buying a 32" widescreen TV and at the moment the Panasonic TX32PM11 (100Hz) is top of my list. Does anyone know anything about or own one of these. I can't find any reviews in mags - is it a very new model? I've read a few of the comments on this forum about troubles with Panny TV's like buzzing noises and fuzzy pictures - does anyone know if this model is affected?
    Cheers - Si :hiya:

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you could afford a couple of hundred pounds more I would thoroughly recommend the Toshiba 32ZP48. Regards, yt

3. SimonJB

SimonJB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks yt. Isn't the Toshiba a digital tv? If it is then I don't need one 'cos I can't receive digital where I am.
    Has anyone got the Panasonic TX32PM11 ? :lease:

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, its not an IDTV if that's what you mean - it only receives analogue broadcasts. Like virtually all quality tv's it uses a considerable amount of digital processing and the results on analogue reception depend very much on having an adequate signal level. I only mention this because it will apply to any quality analogue receiver so whatever tv set you end up with do make sure that it gives a great picture on your analogue aerial feed. No doubt others who may have experience of your suggested model will be more knowledgable. (are you sure you can't get digital DTT ? have you asked any nearby neighbours who might have one ?) Regards, yt.

5. SimonJB

SimonJB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again yt,
    Thanks for your last message.
    I live in a valley with very poor terrestrial reception and we are not in an area covered by a freeview digital signal so we watch ALL our TV through Sky Plus.
    I'll consider the Toshiba but I've found a cracking deal on the Panasonic which I will go for if someone can tell me if it's any good.
    Cheers - Si :)