Please help - Trying to set up Satellite on TV

Bellotee1

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a new TV (Samsung 32" ES6300).

When we moved in, there was an old sky box providing a small selection of channels via scart. The box itself is connected to the satellite dish via two coaxial cables.

We decided to replace the TV, but the aerial connection isn't conveniently located in the room, whereas the coaxial cables are next to the "TV spot". So we wanted a TV with a coaxial connection.

All I have done is taken the cables out of the Sky box, and put one into the TV's satellite coaxial connection.

However the problem is that when running the setup on the new TV, I can't find any channels at all.

It asks all sorts of questions I'm not used to - e.g. re. Diseqc Mode, Upper/Lower LNB Oscillators etc.

I think I've worked out which satellites to choose. I've selected both Astra 28.2E, and Eurobird 28.5E, however, when I search for channels nothing is found.

Am I missing anything?

By the way - when I went through the TV setup, it asked for my country. The only options were Germany Austria and Switzerland. Is this something to do with the problem?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sure, wherever it can best be dealt with - I'm happy for it to be moved.

I do have a feeling that it is because of the region of the TV, rather than satellite settings. I found in the service menu that its "local area" has been set to Germany. However I can't currently change that to UK instead. I can change this through a "hack" that involves transferring some files to the TV, but I don't want to risk wrecking the TV and potentially the warranty too.

I'm still not sure whether this is the reason why I can't get the channels. Maybe there are other satellite issues... Hopefully someone here can help!

<<< Thread moved to the Satellite section of the forums >>>

The TV has a satellite tuner, but it's not meant for use in the UK, and you'd better with a separate Freesat receiver or PVR to connect to it: freesat HD box - freesat.

It asks all sorts of questions I'm not used to - e.g. re. Diseqc Mode, Upper/Lower LNB Oscillators etc.

I think I've worked out which satellites to choose. I've selected both Astra 28.2E, and Eurobird 28.5E, however, when I search for channels nothing is found.

set lower to 9750 upper to 10600 (or 9.75 & 10.6 if it's in GHz) & diseqc = none or off & rescan..

If it still doesn't work try to test the input from the dish with another receiver

Yes, to get the channels, but not the FS EPG that most people seem to find important.

Could be missing the transponder files. Can you do a manual tune?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom