Please help! trying to connect laptop to LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Welsh Whirlwind, Mar 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Please help me im going out of my mind trying to connect my toshiba Satellite 3000 series laptop, to a Lexsor LC27M6S..

Im using the d-sub cable which came with the tv (15pin) and connecting the two together but I just cant get any sort of picture on the tv. Ive have changed the source signal on the tv, but im really not sure how to set the laptop to output externally..
    Im not bothered about video, resolution etc. I just want to play my music via the the tv's speakers..
    My computers drivers are up to date, ive tried messing about with the display settings and using the help options on my computer but, if im honest, I really dont have a clue what im doing! If anyone could help me out in 'Lamens terms' it would be v.much appreciated!!
    If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

2. Yakboy

Yakboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Thanks for your suggestions Yakboy, I should of mentioned that I have an audio cable already. Its just my main issue is getting a picture on my tv, I just cant seem to do it despite following numerous pages giving directions etc with all the different connections. Ive played with resolutions, ive updated my graphics card to the 'Intel extreme Graphics' Im sure its just something to do with the external output of the computer, is there anyone outthere that has actulally managed to connect these 2 specific mediums together??
    This is one of the links ive been following..

http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/?page=3

The Lexsor im using supports 480p,720p,1080i

Thanks for your time again!

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having downloaded the manual from here it seems you have to press F5 and the function key to enable the external output. If you check the manual you will see several options. You must make sure you have a compatible resolution selected.

I suggest you set the laptop to 640x480 or 800x600 and enable the display on internal and external displays. When you are familiar with the process to swap from one to the other you can then select the external display and gradually increase it until you have the resolution you want. You will have to select external only if you wish to use a higher res than the internal display will support

5. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Thanks Dave I'll try your suggestions and let you know how it goes, once again thanks to both of you for spending the time to reply, its appreciated.

Cheers!