1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help - Toshiba 100E Screen Messes Up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DaveH, Oct 23, 2000.

1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Dear all,

I persuaded a friend of mine to get the above player. I posted a while back here when he experienced completely messy, unviewable video. He got a replacement and it worked fine until yesterday when as he was watching a film the same thing happened again. The picture became unviewable. There was sound only but no picture. Upon turninig the unit off and then on again at the mains it worked. However, later the same thing happened again. Needless to say he is tearing his hair out. Does anyone know what is wrong or what can be done? It seems a bit strange that the same thing happens twice to two separate players.

P.S It's a modified mulitregion player.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave,

Most people in this forrum are VERY knowlegeable, but they still don't have Crystal Balls to go guessiong what could be wrong with that setup. Try guiving them more info, like the brand and model of the TV, and a detailed description of the messed up picture...

Good luck, and i'm sure someone can help... They always do [​IMG]

Rui

3. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sorry, fair point.

The TV is a Sony 28 WEGA not sure of model but it is NTSC pure compatible.

It is connected via RGB, the connection is irrelevent as this occurs on composite or s-vid.

The player is conifgured to output RGB, letterbox mode correctly. What happens is the picture is not interference. It is completely unviewable. The best way for me to describe it is like a blue screen, very unstable but no other definition. e.g. it is impossible to get into the menu to try and play with the configuration of the player.

It's as if there is a malfunction on the video side.

Is this enough?

Thanks.

Dave.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave

The first thing to do is try the DVD player on another TV.

Try it (for a couple of days if possible) and post again with what your friend finds.

Gary
    A Phased Plasma Rifle In A 40 Watt Range®

My DVDs
    [​IMG]