1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help the numpty!!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Northern Numpty, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Northern Numpty

Northern Numpty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

First + foremost, apologies if I'm repeating anythin that's already been asked and apologies for my lack of knowledge.
    I was wondering if any1 could help me out;

I am looking at purchasing a 42" plasma today. Having read recent tests + reviews I have narrowed it down to two options; PIONEER PDP-434HDE and the PANASONIC TH-42PE30B. I read in certain reports that one is good and one not so good with off-air broadcasts. Could any1 please explain exactly what an off-air broadcast is?? I have contacted Panasonic direct but they couldn’t help me. Also, I watch a lot of football + will be using my games console frequently, which would be the best for these activities?? And last but not least, what kind of price should I be expected to pay for either of these + a pedestal stand for either.

Cheers

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panny is excellent and has a buit in freeview tuner with very decent PQ so this would be the one that is good "off air"

You can get one today from John Lewis at Watford (01923 244266) for £2499 inc a free Cabinet stand, Panasonic DMR-E55 and a 5 year guarantee :smashin:

Even if you don't live near Watford, or haven't decided on the Panny yet, call them and reserve one of these packages NOW - as this is an excellent deal which could be over tomorrow! You can reserve for 4 days and extend it a few times if you need. You can then also get your local JL (who may be charging *much* more than this for the same thing) to price-match JL Watford and deliver to you for free :)

Remember, reserve now, think later. It won't cost you a penny if you change your mind, and could save you hundreds of £££ if you go for the Panny. The 5 year guarantee alone is worth at least £399.