1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help-Sony TRV33

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by BobL, Oct 12, 2003.

1. BobL

BobL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    New to this forum & to camcorders. Just bought the Sony TRV33 - absolutely brilliant for my limited needs, but I have a real problem! I was told it is Mac compatible, but I can't download the movie tape to my computer (Mac G4) - only stills from the memory stick, but I'm not interested in that aspect. Can anyone out there help me on this please?

Many thanks

BobL

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I take it you are trying firewire for connection ?

3. BobL

BobL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - both USB & Firewire

Cheers

BobL

4. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello Bob, good to see a fellow Mac user. Use the firewire supplied with your Mac, and connect the camera to the G4 USB can only work with the stills transfer facility. Use iMovie or FCP if you have it.

I've found the SW supplied with the 33 is crap and doesn't work so well. But it's only for streaming and digising MPeg movies of the camera.

It will automatically see the camera, no drivers or silly ****** needed.

Drop me a line if you need more help.

duncancraig@f2s.com

5. BobL

BobL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks fellas

I'm a dumb advertising photographer - don't get all this moving picture stuff!

I was operating on OS9.2 and should have been using OSX - it works fine now, thanks.

A couple more dumb questions:

- totally unfamiliar with iMovie, but all I want to do with the downloaded movies is basic edit and write to DVD. Can you only download in realtime or is there a quicker process in iMovie without losing quality? Is iMovie any good?

- I've bought various writable DVD discs in the past and none seem compatible (even the Apple DVDs supplied with the G4!!) Any ideas - which make/type + or - etc?

- finally; wind noise! Not mine, but the camera's . . . Is there anything I can do or buy to cut out the noise? I know I can get a mic for the hotshoe; some apparently zoom with the lens, but I guess they're expensive? This is only for domestic use, but I still want good stuff. I spend enough on stills gear now - I don't want to remortgage to play with movies!

Thanks again

Cheers

Bob

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm concidering an add on mike!