Please Help - Sony KV21-LS30U

Pallaris

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i stumbled across this board...maybe you people can help me on this issue.

The above TV is a Sony Wega 21" model. I have these funny verticle stripes on the left side of the screen. The stripes are failry small and do not run the entire height of the screen. They're only really noticable in certain bright colours..but the image appears brighter where the stripes are.

Ive only had this set a couple months..and i'm not sure if like the damper lines (thin horizontal dark line you get on trinitrons), they're supposed to be there. Could this be marks from image burning?

Anyone else experienced this?/know of a similar thing...ect

thanks for any advice.

I have this set in my bedroom. Can't say I've noticed the problems you've described though. I'll keep a look out and get back to you.

blimey Groundy...i keep bumping into you. (EDGE, VGI) ..

Well to be honest this is probably a major nit pick. The slightly brighter strips (couple mm in width) only show up in v bright images..i.e. Besbin level in RL2...and even then they are very faint and only noticable if you really concentrate. It must be the tube...cause burns should be happening this early in the TV's life.

Can you see the damper line though? Thats also fairly obvious in well lit scenes.

You still flogging RGB cables?

Originally posted by Pallaris
blimey Groundy...i keep bumping into you. (EDGE, VGI) ..

Since the RGB Cable breakthrough, I've been spreading the word ;) ......but Avforums is the place you'll find me most. Home Cinema comes first for me.

Well to be honest this is probably a major nit pick. The slightly brighter strips (couple mm in width) only show up in v bright images..i.e. Besbin level in RL2...and even then they are very faint and only noticable if you really concentrate. It must be the tube...cause burns should be happening this early in the TV's life.

I've just checked the Raid on Bespin level and I think I noticed what you were describing. I would be inclined to think it is the Rogue Leader graphics rather than a TV problem. They were very hard to notice though.

Can you see the damper line though? Thats also fairly obvious in well lit scenes.

Yes - this can always be seen on Sony's Trinitron Tubes. My PC monitor is the same.

You still flogging RGB cables?

Only by special request mate. I've made a lot over the past few weeks but it takes up too much time. That said, the improvement offered by RGB on the Import Cube is well worth the investment.

:)

Hmm..it could be just RL..or it could be a fetaure of the tube itself. Either way absolute minor.

Special request eh...how much you charge?...what if i provide the component cable...

These cables are at least months away from a 3rd party manufacture run.

let us know. Cheers.

I don't know of any 3rd parties that will be manufacturing these cables, simply because of the cost and time involved. Each one must be wired and modified by hand. Lik-Sang were in contact with me and they said they will not be making them unless they can find a way to re-engineer the DAC chip so that it does not need physical modification. Currently they do not know how to do this. Indeed it is highly unlikely that this can be done.

PM or Mail me for more information.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom