1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! Sony HD-5 Related

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ajilore, Jun 12, 2005.

1. ajilore

ajilore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My Sony NW HD1 started playing up. Despite having it for so long, I was able to return it and exhange it for the new HD5 model.

My computer is not very reliable, hence nor is my Sonic Stage backup of all the songs I had on my HD1 and I only have a partial selection of the player's tracks left (due to various fresh (compulsory) installations of Windows) in Sonic Stage. As a result, before I purchased the HD5 I saved the whole OMGAUDIO file for the HD1 in hope of being able to just copy it to (replace) the HD5's OMGAUDIO. I called Sony to find out whether it would work and they said yes. However upon buying the HD5, despite most files copying some (approx 10) are just refusing to copy. The more serious issue is that I used the 'Group' feature on the HD1 as my album and personal compilation section, and I have come to realise that the ND5 does not have the 'Group' feature. As I never utilised or properly sorted the album section on the HD1, it was a mess and tracks were all in the wrong order. So imagine my horror at finding out that the album feaure isthe only thing tht seems to have remotley carried over sucessfully. To make matters worse, upon trying to play any track the error messeage 'Cannot Play Track' always comes up.

Is it possible to solve any of the above issues (especially a substitute or fix for the 'Group' situation)? If not, would it be recommedable to return the HD5 for a HD3? As I think (not sure) that the HD3 is just the HD1 with MP3 playback, hence it will have the smae system files and layout.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it should work if you get another hd1 but i cant say for sure, copying files is always an inexact sience im supprised it works at all tbh.

3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    The only way you can transfer tracks from one player to another is if you had made a full backup of your library beforehand onto an external hard disk device (not a player).

I may be misunderstanding you but it sounds to me that at some point you had to restore the files onto your computer from your NW-HD1.

If that is the case then it is amazing only 10 didn't transfer as the licensing rights would have been registered to the player as the source rather than your computer.

EDIT - I just saw the line that none of the tracks play when selected. I think the above is your problem after all and I doubt it will be resolved by changing to an NW-HD3 ..... sorry.