1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, Sonicstage won't recognise memory stick reader/writer!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by azi, Sep 8, 2005.

1. azi

azi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with transferring music files (mp3s converted to atrac3) from sonicstage (v 3.2) over to my sony memory stick. SS wont display the mem stick reader/writer in its 'device/media' option. I cant therfore transfer files across to the mem stick properly. I've tried copying and pasting the converted files ( from the sonicstage directory in C/ drive subfolder) over to the removable drive, but the car headunit (sony MEX 5DI) cant accept them.

I've heard that this is due some sort of copyright protection thing sony are employing in encoding nonsense.

Does anyone have any alternatives to this, Sony customer helpline suggested I fork out another 45 pounds on a Sony brand stick reader (model no msac-us30) to aleviate the problem, but that doesn't seem logical to me!

Sorry for the long post, but i' going crazy here with no luck, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. azi

azi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Can anyone help at all on this issue?

3. azi

azi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    bump

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    You could have just drag + drop MP3s in explorer to the MS....

This is how PSP works. But for Atrac songs, you need SS to put on. Not sure about Atrac with non-PSP Atrac devices

5. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    As far as i know sonicstage doesn't support meory stick. Think i read that a few days back.

6. Beethovenian

Beethovenian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the PSP I have no problems at all transferring Atrac files to memory stick (the memory stick needs to have the MagicGate label, but I suppose all of them have it). I would think the problem is with the reader/writer. For some reason SonicStage is not finding your memory stick via reader. Can you try some other form of connection?