1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP - sky problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rian1988, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Rian1988

Rian1988

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi there,
    Sorry, but i think it would help if i explained my whole situation :lesson: , I have been a sky customer for about 5 years, and i have recently had multiroom installed (not sky+ multiroom). When i booked i specified a specalist team my house is high. It was booked for thursday a week past. The guy came out (it wasn't a specalist team he then looked round and said no he won't do it, i accepted that and got it rebooked for tuesday past, they came around and installed and what a sh***y job they did (sky had used a subcontractor for the job). These are the problems which occurred.

1) They gave my the wrong box, i was offered (when i booked) what box i wanted so i said i would like the pace cobra (ds430n) she said no problem when they arrived they brought a thomson one i asked why no pace he just shrugged his shoulders.

2) The cabling was wired badly i have a hidious black cable along my wall, why is it not cables by the floor?? And worse of all my window wont close because he didnt drill the hole far enough down the window sill.

3) When they ran a cable from the phone socket to the digibox he unplugged the broadband and the phone and put the sky in ( i have no idea how to plug all three in with a filter).

4) Worse of all the picture quality of dreadfull ( its not the tv or connections btw) the signal strength and signal quality are below 25% where as on the pace 2200 (5years old) is showing 75 - 100% on both strenght and quality. And when i am watching tv the picture is like analogue terrestrial in bad signal and i get what i think is known as boxing the pixels pecome large in areas.

The customer services have been useless have any rights to any of these problems, especially 1) as i paid £49 for the box.

Also by thomson stb has the old software my pace 2200 has new but the thing that confuses me is that it is the new remote with on the '0' key there is the speaker symbol, and i have tried forcing a download but still old software.

Any help would be kindly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance
    Jonny

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Well, under the Distance Selling Regulations, you can cancel for no reason within 7 days, but you seem to be too late for that.

If the subbies did such a bad job, why did you sign for it ? :confused:

Anyway, get in touch with Sky and remind them that £49 boxes are still subject to the Sale of Goods Act, which basically says that stuff has to work. If you get no joy, take it up with your local Trading Standards dept.

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1.Unfortunately you do not get a choice of box. The person who took the call shouldn't have promised you a particular make.

2. The cable entry is normally via the wall and not through a window frame.

3. Put the filter into the phone socket, then with a double adapter you can connect both the phone and the box.

4. It sounds as if the dish alignment wasn't checked when the quad lnb was installed.

Call Sky back and tell them you are very unhappy with the wat the job was done and you want someone to recable, and check the dish alignment.

The new software will filter down to your new box in a day or so. It isn't yet available to download.

4. Rian1988

Rian1988

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thank you for the quick reply, I have asked for an egeneer to come out on monday no doubt they'll have an excuse :p