• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Please help Sim card problem

Julio V

Banned
Dear every body,

Please help me to sort out the problem.

I have just signed a 1 year contract( pay monthly) with O2 net work. What I would like to do is: put the O2 sim card (with 600mins free per month) into a unlock mobile phone. The reason is I will resale the new mobile phone which was supplied by O2.

My O2 phone is : Motorola V3i D&G
My old unlock phone is : Nokia 3310
There is no problem when using O2 sim card with Motorolar V3i

Note:
It seems to me that my Motorolar V3i D&G is an unlock phone. Having inserted a T-moble sim card into it, I found that I could make and receive a call normally.

When inserting my O2 simcard ( with 600mins free) into my unlock Nokia 3310, I was asked PIN code

Any one suffered the same as my problem. Is there any solution for that.

I am looking forward to your advice

cracker

PIN code is specific to the sim card not the phone

so when you got your sim card from O2, they should have told you what the PIN code was for that sim card

if you enter it wrong 3 times, it will lock the sim and ask for a PUK (pin unlock) code, you can get this for free from the O2 website in the help section so dont worry

Julio V

Banned
cracker said:
PIN code is specific to the sim card not the phone

so when you got your sim card from O2, they should have told you what the PIN code was for that sim card

Thanks for your advice. However, I would like to point out that I did know the PIN CODE of simcard : "5555"

The O2 simcard (600mins free) has NO PROBLEM with Motorolar V3i

But it get problem with my unlock Nokia 3310

cracker

you sure it is asking for a PIN code? and not a restriction code?

easiest way to solve the problem, put the O2 sim in your motorola, and go into the menu and turn off the "pin code request" function so it doesnt ask for a pin code at phone startup (im not sure where this option is on a motorola phone)

that way you will be able to tell if the problem is with the sim/pin or the phone not accepting the sim itself

Julio V

Banned
cracker said:
you sure it is asking for a PIN code? and not a restriction code?

easiest way to solve the problem, put the O2 sim in your motorola, and go into the menu and turn off the "pin code request" function so it doesnt ask for a pin code at phone startup (im not sure where this option is on a motorola phone)

that way you will be able to tell if the problem is with the sim/pin or the phone not accepting the sim itself

Dear Cracker,

Thanks for your advice

I tried to OFF the SIM PIN but the problem still remains

Putting the O2 sim card into Nokia 3310, it said that " Sim Card is not accepted" in stead of " enter PIN CODE"

I think O2 force me to use the Motorolar V3i (they gave me) with their O2 sim card in order to get 600mins free. Is it true?!?!?

Any idea , please help:lease:

cracker

there is no reason why your O2 sim shouldnt work in a properly unlocked phone, they cant force you to use the V3

"Sim Card is not accepted" means your phone isnt open to O2 network sims

is the 3310 dual-band? if it is, then your phone obviously isnt unlocked as you think it is

try going to: http://unlock.nokiafree.org/ and unlocking your phone properly

if the 3310 isnt a dualband phone, then O2 is obviously on a different band to the band the phone was supplied on

Julio V

Banned
Dear Cracker,

Thank you very much for your help,

Without your knowledge, I will not make any head or tail about the phone. I put my O2 sim card to my another Nokia: Nokia 7110. It worked. I can see the display: BT cellnet ....How ever My Nokia 7110 has another problem ( not by the sim card) . 7110 can receive calls, can make calls but when it receives a call, you can hear the phone ring, press answer key then you can not hear the caller. It also happened when you call somebody.

I think it has barring code or somthing like this.

I will post my thread to othe subject , calling for help

If you know how to fix it , please let me know. I tried to set the phone to Default Manufactory. *#7780# but it did not work

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom