1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP!!! Seleco SVP-350

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sparhawk12345, Aug 14, 2004.

1. sparhawk12345

sparhawk12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Can anyone help me???

I am trying to tune in a Seleco SVP-350 and have lost the user manual.
    The projector is in a pub where, as I speak, it is supposed to be showing a football match!

Can anyone offer any advice on tuning this model in or a place where I can download the user manual?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    'Tune-in' do you mean tune in the TV stations or do you mean converging the three colours?

Regards

3. sparhawk12345

sparhawk12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mean tune it the TV stations.

4. ziggypop

ziggypop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    download the manual (it is for the 420 and 500 plus - however, most functions are the same). The Manual is availalbe in the downloads section of www.sim2.com

cheer

Bill

still a happy 350 owner

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Sorry Bill, that won't help him. The 350 has a TV tuner, the 4xx & 500 machines don't, so those manuals don't cover TV tuning. :)

sparhawk12345, you'll need the original cream-coloured remote for the Seleco and a fresh set of batteries wouldn't hurt either. Also, make sure that the aerial is plugged in and working.

On the remote we're going to use the V+ V- P+ P- cursor keys, ENTER to make a selection, EXIT to go back a step, MEMO to store a setting and the Three Dots button (...) to get into the tuning menu. OK, here's what to do...

Switch on the projector.
    Press and hold the ... button until the on-screen display shows the message:
    MEMO NOR DATA
    INSTALL MENU
    TUNING MENU

Select the Tuning Menu, then select the COUNTRY option then use P+ or P- to scroll the list until you find UK (or GB), then press EXIT.

You are now back in the Tuning Menu. Select Tuning from the options listed. The menu reads:
    CHANNELS 'TV' this should read 'TV' - if not, use V+ V- to alter
    PROGRAM '001' this is the channel button on the remote 001 = No1
    CHANNEL 'C22' you can tune by TV channel number
    FREQ '471.2' or tune by frequency number
    STANDARD 'I' 'I' is the sound standard for the UK

to tune in your TV stations, first select PROGRAM and punch in 001 so that button 1 on the remote equals BBC1. Then select either CHANNEL or FREQ and use the V+ key to start the tuner scanning for stations. Once you find BBC1 press the MEMO key to store. The onscreen display with show STORED. Repeat using 002 for BBC2, 003 for ITV and so on.

When you have finished press the EXIT key to back out of all the menus and then switch off the projector. Power on again and you should find the channels are stored. That's it. :D

Regards

6. sparhawk12345

sparhawk12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ever so much for your help. I will try it first thing in the morning! Unfortunately I think the handset may be a bit "gunked up" with beer and that button may not be working as I seem to remember trying that before, but I'll give it a go!

If the handset is faulty do you know of anywhere I can get a replacement?

7. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I had the same problem with my remote as my 350 was purchased from a pub. All I did was take a picture of the remote so that I new exactly where all the buttons went, I then took the remote apart, put all the plastic parts in a sink of soapy bubbles, gave them a good clean and gave the pc board part of it a good clean with some neat alchohol. I gave it a good dry using a hairdryer and put everything back together. Hey presto a fully functional remote, cleaner too. Also if you want I have a seleco 350 manual that I could scan and email to you but won't be able to do that until at least friday as I'm out of the country at the moment.

8. sparhawk12345

sparhawk12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news it worked! Thanks for all your help. We have a happy pub landlord now!

9. s.qualters

s.qualters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dear sir

i have a svp 350 seleco,cant find a manuel anywere,can you help rearly inneed to set it up

have downloaded svp450-420 but remote is completly different

would be very gratefull if you could help

stephen thanks no matter what

10. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs, private message sent :)

11. s.qualters

s.qualters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean YOU WILL EMAIL MANUAL TO ME??????