Please help, repeatedly looping Panny

C

Clarky

Be grateful for some help here. I've got a panny E50 (very please with DVD RAM features) but recently on DVD RAM when 'chasing play' it will go to the beginning of the recording and start playing from there correctly, but when it gets to the frame where I started to 'chase play' it loops back to the beginnning of the recording again and again and again and I just cant getpast that point. It's happened with several (new) disks.
DOes this sound like a dirty laser? or is it just broke? It's still under warranty.
I'lll start by giving it a clean, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Yours in anticipation
Andrew

:lease:

That's never happened to me before, is it happening on other dvd-ram disks or just that one?

Regards

Dude

Thanks Dude,
I've tried 2-3 DVD-RAM disks . The one it all began with had been used about 8 times only (the blurb says they should last hundreds of thousands of re-writes). It's also happened on new disks.
If this sounds familiar to anyone I could really do with some advice. I'll clean it tonight and report back.

many thanks again

Andrew

I'd give the shop where you bought it a call and see if they can shed any light on it. It's not uncommon for the Panasonic's to go wrong. Mine was replaced by Panasonic (via Richer Sounds) although they claimed it was the only one that they'd done that with.

Have cleaned the laser and used fresh disks, still no joy. Interestingly, with each loop of play the picture quality deteriorates about 20% and becomes unwatchable.
I'll speak to the helpline today, but if anyone knows what this is could they please tell me?
I've got a nasty feeling I'll be sending it back.
Regards
Andy

For information, just spoken to the Panny helpline, they've never heard of this fault so are going to pick it up for repair.
Perhaps we should have a hall of fame of weird faults for reference.
Thanks
Andy

Well you can add my problem to the infamous hall of fame. The recorder made the labels on -r disks peel off as it was basically cooking them.

Glad Panasonic could help you out, they are pretty quick at swapping them out.

Regards

Dude

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom