• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please Help remote wont work with sky box

pete18

for some reason i can't seem to use my remote to do anything with my sky box but i will operate my tv ok but not the sky digibox.

I have pressed the sky button on the remote still doesn't work.

i have changed batteries, switched off the sky box at the mains for 30 mins and once over night, tried another remote, I can change channel via the box fine.

its a grundig sky box

many thanks

pete

JayCee

Distinguished Member
pete18 said:
for some reason i can't seem to use my remote to do anything with my sky box but i will operate my tv ok but not the sky digibox.

I have pressed the sky button on the remote still doesn't work.

i have changed batteries, switched off the sky box at the mains for 30 mins and once over night, tried another remote,

Well, that last bit indicates the box is at fault...not the remote.
There is nothing else you can do unless you are handy with a soldering iron.
The early series of Grundig digiboxes (GDS200 Series) suffer from power supply problems which could be the cause in your case.

pete18

hi mate

thanks for replying I've got a spare digibox that I got off a family member today, which I setup today and the remote works fine, so it must have been an fault like you said with the power, but I can only seem to view bbc and itv and on the other channels Sky Movies and Sports it says that there a problem with your viewing card, I am getting bbc london instead of BBC southwest will i need to reinstall the digibox to get the right regions.

many thanks

pete

JayCee

Distinguished Member
pete18 said:
hi mate

thanks for replying I've got a spare digibox that I got off a family member today, which I setup today and the remote works fine, so it must have been an fault like you said with the power, but I can only seem to view bbc and itv and on the other channels Sky Movies and Sports it says that there a problem with your viewing card, I am getting bbc london instead of BBC southwest will i need to reinstall the digibox to get the right regions.

many thanks

pete

You need to phone Sky and ask them to "Pair" your viewing card to your replacement box.
The viewing card is "Paired" or "matched" to whatever box it's used in and that is why you cannot take your card with say the movie package and give it to someone else for them to view it on their box.

pete18

hi mate

thanks will they be funny because I haven't got a new box from them. will they just need my details and card number but is all been setup in my dads name will they need to speak to him first

Do I reinstall after the card is paired, because some of the channels aren't coming up like channel 998 and 999 and channel 5

cheers from pete

JayCee

Distinguished Member
pete18 said:
hi mate

thanks will they be funny because I haven't got a new box from them. will they just need my details and card number but is all been setup in my dads name will they need to speak to him first

Do I reinstall after the card is paired, because some of the channels aren't coming up like channel 998 and 999 and channel 5

cheers from pete

They won't be funny at all. I upgraded from Sky to Sky+ last year...I bought my own Sky+ box from a wholesaler I deal with in the course of my work.
They get asked to do this everyday...it's a normal occurence to them.
They will ask you to go into the system details menu and ask for the serial no of the box, they then send a signal to pair the card and box and you will then shortly after that get the channels you had on your old box.
You do not need to have a telephone line connected to the box unless you are in the habit of buying sports events or use Sky Box Office.

pete18

hi mate

phoned up sky, to get them to pair the box, after giving them the seriel number to pair the box with my card they hold me to switch off the box at the mains for 30 secends and turn it on but when the box came on it switched off again and went on to standby.

They put me on to techincal support and they said that there must be a problem with the modem thats why its switching itself off to standby so they then said about sending an engineer to install a new box for £65, I said that I would think about it and phone them back. I left it on stand by for a minute and then switched it back on again and it is now staying on and not going to standby. But for some reason the card still hasn't paired with the box. As it still says there is a problem with your viewing card and in there system information is thats there is no card, so it hasn't paired

How long should it have taken to pair the card,

Cheers from pete

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom