• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Please help re video transfer

freddyuk

Standard Member
I have just returned from a friends place and he was telling me he had some video of his Dad who just passed away on his mobile phone but could not download it or transfer it off the phone memory. I dont think the sim card would take video but i said i knew a place i could find out if it was possible to retrieve the video off the phones memory!!
The phone is a Sharp GX20.
Can anyone help with this please??

Thanks guys.:lease:

tetstb

Established Member
You may be able to send the video to either a PC or some other device via bluetooth. If its the vodafone GX-20 it may be locked and also vodafone disable some of the additional features of the GX-20. I cant remember for sure but doesnt the GX20 have an SD card which is removable and you can use in a card reader ? Failing that you will need the datacable or depending on how large the video is, you could send it to a more flexible phone using MMS.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
ok you can do it!

get hold of an infra red connector for the pc (or go to an independent small family run company that does unlocking etc and ask them to do it for you im sure they will for a small fee)

anyway you just need to send the file to the pc (heck do you have a laptop with ir port?) via infra red and job done!!

infact one of these should do it too :http://www.metatech.co.uk/erol.html....co.uk%2Fsearch?hl=en&q=gx20+data+cable&meta=

but id try bringing it to a small shop that does unlocking etc im sure theyl already have the right stuff.
dont forget youl need the right codecs on the pc to play the video but thats not hard to get at all

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom