• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PLEASE HELP RE CFW Black screen

Sonofabeesting

Standard Member
Hi

I am trying to put custom firmware on my fat psp with a ta-028 motherboard.

I got the instructions from Scotty (thanks) and created a magic memory stick no problems. I also have a battery creator. When I put it in service mode the green light comes on but the screen stays black. But when returning it to normal mode its fine and the psp works as normal.

I havent done anything with magic stick yet. I tried to tried to run the pandora battery maker with the battery in normal mode but it says the game could not be started.

Can anyone help? Do I need to run the CFW with the battery in normal mode first?

Thanks

Scotty

Hi

I am trying to put custom firmware on my fat psp with a ta-028 motherboard.

I got the instructions from Scotty (thanks) and created a magic memory stick no problems. I also have a battery creator. When I put it in service mode the green light comes on but the screen stays black. But when returning it to normal mode its fine and the psp works as normal.

I havent done anything with magic stick yet. I tried to tried to run the pandora battery maker with the battery in normal mode but it says the game could not be started.

Can anyone help? Do I need to run the CFW with the battery in normal mode first?

Thanks

Sounds like the Magic Memory stick didn't get created correctly try it again or try another memory stick if you have one

Sonofabeesting

Standard Member
Sounds like the Magic Memory stick didn't get created correctly try it again or try another memory stick if you have one

Hi I just tried it again. I get the same error message when trying to create the pandora battery creator (using battery in normal mode) 'the game could not be started (8002014C).

Could this be because I have vista??

Scotty

Hi I just tried it again. I get the same error message when trying to create the pandora battery creator (using battery in normal mode) 'the game could not be started (8002014C).

Could this be because I have vista??

Most definitely, XP only I’m afraid.

check the instructions again and follow them exactly it does work :)

Sonofabeesting

Standard Member
Excellent thanks. I had to borrow a PC from my dad to get it working but it does work fine thanks!

Now I just need to add the SNES etc emulators!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom