Please help, quick question.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by InterNUT, May 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. InterNUT

InterNUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have credit to use so I am limited to what I can buy, any opinions would be great, it is between Philips 32PFL5522D and Samsung LE32R87BD, thanks guys
    :)

2. InterNUT

InterNUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this sort of question is asked all the time but I am concerned I buy the wrong one (had problems before), I want it for HD although at the moment that is very limited on Virgin, so it is more important that SD is good, please anyone ?

3. 123381

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for the Philips 32PFL5522D/05

I am running mine with a hdmi upscaler via a panasonic dvd recorder (panasonic emr 25)using hdmi to hdmi cable so giving me a near HD quality and it works great

I dont get cable or sky so use freeview but I would go with Philips I find they are better built and the sound on this TV is great.

The TV looks fantastic too

Puddy

4. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549

It depends on the panel used by the Samsung 32" R8. For example, if the Samsung R8 were to contain a MVA panel by AUO or S-PVA panel by Samsung SDI, then it will out preform the Philips (which contains S-IPS panel by LG.Philips)). However, if it were to contain a MVA panel by CMO, then Philips will out preform the Samsung.