1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE Help!! Qs on Video+, Sky and DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by megisabel, Dec 27, 2004.

1. megisabel

megisabel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This is going to be hard for me to get down on to a post as I dont really understand the problem!

Basically, Santa bought us a DVD recorder from christmas and we have just about managed to set it up using scart leads. We have a sky digital box as well that is in the equation. Also we are using a scart extension kit as our TV only has one scart input.

SO.....the dvd recorder is working in that an AV channel is designated for it and you can view DVDs on there and when you switch to TV you can see what is on the sky channel and manually record what is on the screen.

What I need to know is all about timer and video + recording - how will video plus work in this set up as the way I see it all that is possible is to record whatever image is on the screen at that time but we want to be able to plan recording ahead of time.

Does *anyone* have any information for me? I appreciate I have probably been very vague and confusing so ask away if there is information you need before advising - any help would be MUCH appreciated!

A very confused
    Rebecca

2. vince

vince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. your confused im worse .
    i have no ariel for terrestial tv. so rely on my normal sky ,now i want to record via my dvd recorder and from my t.v to my video recorder . question is what scarts go where???
    i have no picture when i turn on my dvd recoder it cant find any stations ??
    im losing the will to live at the mo

i have a philips tv 2 scarts and 1 side input
    amstrad sky box
    tevion recordable dvd player
    sony vcr

3. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    megisabel: sounds like you got it plugged in wrong - with only one scart to TV you might be better to daisy-chain:

Signal in > Sky Digi > Recorder > TV

this way you can record from your digi box - since your sky box is going via recorder - you would need to make sure the recorder is switched to EXT (sky) when watching sky on TV

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    When asking for help/advice the most important thing you have to tell us is the Make and Model of the DVD recorder?

5. megisabel

megisabel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is a Goodmans GDVD300R.

We do only have one scart on our TV but went out and bought yesterday a gadget that allows 5 extra scart inputs.