1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help: poor X-box picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NinjaKi11a, Oct 27, 2003.

1. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just set up my new 36ZD26P - it's been sat in the hall for a week. First impressions are great... until I plug in my X-box. I have set my console to widescreen (and also tried it without) and I have tried all three scart sockets at the back of the TV. I am seeing a very nasty pictue: dark colours are indistinguishable black, while bright colours are very pale. I have left the PAL 60 option off (though have tried it on too).

I have looked through the TV settings menus - no luck. I'm sure the X-box is not the problem as I was playing it yesterday on my old Sony 21". I am using the same composite into scart adapter that comes in the box (and intend to get the RGB scart) but surely this is not the problem.

I hope I haven't got a dodgey set, but I can't see a setting that is incorrect.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It is very likely that this is the problem. The set may not handle composite particularly well.

3. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I bought the advanced scart - still a horrible picture. I presume there is no setting I have to manually vhange for it to accept RGB?

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not on the TV, no just connect it to a SCART whioch accepts RGB. On the X-Box there may be a menu to enable RGB output. I don't have one so I'm not sure. Hope you get it sorted soon :)

5. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Xbox support, Toshiba support, RGB (dealer) in that order I think it is then... :(

Cheers for the help tho. (And I checked out your sig.)