Please Help PLAYBACK Disruption.

sbaker316

Standard Member
I have a PS3 80GB and a Viewsonic N4790p 42’ LCD TV. When I play media files off a USB pen drive or off the PS3 Hard Disk or even Blu Ray Disks, the image will occasionally black out and the LCD will flash 'HDMI 1', as if the resolution had changed. During this, the audio (sent out via optical) is fine. The screen is only black for a couple of seconds and then continue showing the Video.
(The media continues playing, its just the TV that blacks out and then comes back with the video playing)

Now I tried to RESET the setting by holding down the Power button and this hasn’t helped.
I also emailed Sony and Viewsonic and no response can anybody please help me with this its so annoying.

Thank you for your help.

Uridium

Distinguished Member
I have a PS3 80GB and a Viewsonic N4790p 42’ LCD TV. When I play media files off a USB pen drive or off the PS3 Hard Disk or even Blu Ray Disks, the image will occasionally black out and the LCD will flash 'HDMI 1', as if the resolution had changed. During this, the audio (sent out via optical) is fine. The screen is only black for a couple of seconds and then continue showing the Video.
(The media continues playing, its just the TV that blacks out and then comes back with the video playing)

Now I tried to RESET the setting by holding down the Power button and this hasn’t helped.
I also emailed Sony and Viewsonic and no response can anybody please help me with this its so annoying.

Thank you for your help.

If PS3 display settings are set to 'Auto' try unchecking everything other than your panel's native Res.

sbaker316

Standard Member
Success!

Thanks you so much Uridium.

Although my TV supports 420p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p, the Playstation has set 420p as an 'uncheckable' option, so 1080i worked with no hitch.

I was just wondering what was the difference betweem 1080i and 1080p?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Success!

Thanks you so much Uridium.

Although my TV supports 420p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p, the Playstation has set 420p as an 'uncheckable' option, so 1080i worked with no hitch.

I was just wondering what was the difference betweem 1080i and 1080p?

interlaced or progressive. 1080p is fullHD. 1080i is commonly supported by most older HD ready sets.

720p is a better option than 1080i though if your TV is a HD ready model.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom