1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help- Pioneer 575

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by LCD User, Sep 8, 2005.

1. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Philips LCD PF9986 which does not have component. It does however I have found out have DVI input and with an adaptor can handle HDMI and Prog scan. On the recco's on here I bought a Pio 575 at Richer at £99 but have found it does not have HDMI out. I am running through a Denon 1906 AV.

What's the way forward for the best picture connection and what DVD player will be compatible and have HDMI out?

2. av_master

av_master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the phillips not have component through VGA either? If it does you can just get a component to vga cable and it's fixed. There is no loss of quality in that way.

Otherwise DVI seems to be the only way to go. cheap players with hdmi output are samsung HD950 and toshiba SD350e. They're not as good as the pioneer according to people here, but I guess the difference will be minimal.

hope this helps.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Just looking at the specs on Philips' site and found this :- Accessories
    Included accessories : DVI-VGA adapter, VGA to YPbPr-Cinch cable, Wall mounting bracket
    Optional accessories : 5 in one connection cable, Floor stand, Table top stand with swivel

Does this mean it can be used with a converter lead/adapter ?
    Just trying to help.

Graham.

4. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, I think I can use the supplied VGA/DVI adaptor and plug in the component leads from the Pio 575? But was hoping to run everything on component switching through the DEnon 1906 av, including the freeview,

5. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Surely you still can ??
    Connect what you want to the Denon using component leads, then from the Denon's component output thru the DVI adapter to the screen.

Graham.

6. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Just looked at the specs on Denon's site and you have 3 comp ins and 1 out on the 1906, so you just need to connect DVD and whatever else to the Denon, then out of it thru adaper to display,

JOBS A GOOD 'UN :D

Graham.

7. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mechanic,

I have found the VHA/DVI adaptor in the original packaging but it has no lead. I wonder if I am missing a cable or I can get a cable to attach?

8. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be missing the VGA to YPbPr-Cinch . Argghhhhh!!!!!!!

9. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm off down to Maplins they seem to think they have a VGA to component Yp bp Pr clinch cable

10. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately Maplins does not do a VGA to component, however, dutch West the philips parts people have a VGA to component cable for £10. I've learned soo much about hi fi and TV in the last 2 weeks it unbelievable. I'm knackered with all the terminology and technology. It's like being back at uni! Thanks for your help.

Hopefully now I've got it now.

Philips LCD linked to amp using DVI adaptor and VGA to componnent cable. Inserts into the back of Denon AV amp. Pio 575 through the DEnon AV using component cables, Freeview, Scart to component into the Denon AV and hopefully that's me able to use all switching through the Denon amp?

11. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Dont forget to wire up the freeview audio outs to the Denon aswell, as the scart to component leads wont relay the sound (unless there are audio breakouts with the lead you are using ?) And yes the way you describe the wiring, it will work ok.
    Hope you get it all sorted soon so you can start enjoying it all ??

TTFN,
    Graham.

12. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Graham, I went straight from Scart (into Freeview) to component in the Denon last night red/white/yellow plugs and had the freeview sound through my home cinema m cubes coming through loud and clear. Must have audio breakouts already!

Sorry if this is off on a tangent from the DVD forum but I think I'm at last on my way to enjoynig some sweet home cinema

13. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like I have more problems

DVI- VGA- component is giving me nothing even when directly hooked to component slots on the back of the pioneer 575 . I don't know why.

Also my freeview box does not seem to send a component signal, so, Scart (into freeview) to component on the amp only sends sound, not pictures.

I'm back to scrathing my head to figure out a way to get this working.

14. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Have a look here and see if this is any good to you ??

TTFN,
    Graham.

15. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Ah well, we tried.
    Have read you messages and seen your other post re the firmware probs.

Best of luck with updating the firmware for the TV, just a shame it would'nt work out OK first time eh.
    In the meantime connect up the DVD player using a good scart lead, pictures are still great.
    Also after re-reading one of your earlier posts you said the freeview was connected using scart to component to the denon, but using red, white, yellow leads ?? This is COMPOSITE video (yellow lead), the red and white leads are the audio outputs, so this is the reason you are having the probs with just audio rather than both video / audio, cos looking at the specs on Denon's website the 1906 won't up-convert video (COMPOSITE) to component.... :mad: ....

Hope you get it sorted out soon,

TTFN,
    Graham.