1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help ! philips DSPC vs panasonic Time Base Corrector.....

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by keithedge, Nov 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. keithedge

keithedge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone please help me..?..i have to replace my philips vr1000 which had both 'TBC' time base corrector & 'DSPC' digital studio picture control functions...making old tapes look good !!..i cannot find a vcr which has both functions...please can anyone tell tell me or compare...the philips vr 750's dspc 'digital studio picture control' to the pansonic nvsv121 vcr's 'time base corrector'.....to be honest..i do not know which model to buy...can you please tell me the advantages of each system..? thanks keith
    k.c.edge@btopenworld.com

2. prontos7

prontos7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you record directly from the 2nd scart on the pvr8000t8o into a dvd recorder such as the panosonic e55 ?

3. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Time Base Correction stops vertical kinks in the picture when moving tapes from one make of machine to the other, and also de-jitters the output of the tape to give rock solid output like on a TV broadcast or DVD player.

A JVC HRS8965 or HRS7965 features TBC and also Digipure Technology to give the best out of archived tapes, and would be ideal as a player for transferring to DVD.
    The modern JVC deck though isn't robust enough to be used as an everyday recorder though, it suffers from persistent tape dropouts.
    The Panasonic NVSV121 is an awful VCR - it drops out like there's no tomorrow!