1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help - Philips 28PW6305 Problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by JAZ_MAG, Jun 13, 2002.

1. JAZ_MAG

JAZ_MAG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Philips 28PW6305 for about 3 months now after reding all the brilliant reviews on it.
    Last week I bought my first dvd player, a toshiba sd220, which I had some problems with, but that’s another story (see dvd player forum).
    The problem is that the sound, mainly background music, goes all wobbly every now and then on all dvd's I play. It only happens with dvd's and not video's or telly. I've heard of other people having problems with 'the sound dropping out' but I don't know what this means.
    Is this what I'm experiencing?
    Anyone else had same/similar problem?
    How can I fix it?
    I have the dvd player and a sony video recorder connected to the two scart sockets via ixos 126av scart-scart cables.

Please help anyone, it's ****ing me off

2. JAZ_MAG

JAZ_MAG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

3. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem sounds more like your dvd player I'm afraid.

Sound drop out, tends to happen when the speakers in the tv have momentary trouble coping with very high volumes.

Have you tried it with another dvd player? as the drop out would also happen with video.

sorry I can't help you anymore, but hope you can get it sorted

tom

4. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What do you mean by the sound 'goes all wobbly'? Do you mean you get a little bit of vibration distortion?

The 6305 uses the same same tube and chasis as my 6006 (the only difference is that the 6305 also has Scan Velocity Modulation (a picture processing gizmo) and an extra S-video socket on the side). I get some audio vibration on mine too on a lot of the audio presets. I found this was only happened when the bass was set high. I think the 6305 has the same audio presets as the 6006 so try setting it to the 'voice' audio preset. You can notch the bass a little higher than that setting if you like and then store that as your 'Personal' setting. It sorted the vibration out on mine.

If it's not this that's the problem you could try changing the AVL on/off in the Sound menu on the TV. AVL clips the sound if it thinks the sound level is too high. As Tom says audio drop-out is caused by volumes being too high. It results in a temporary complete abesnce of sound though, so I don't think you're suffering from drop-out.

Hope some of this helps,
    John

5. damienb

damienb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound clipping problems...

Hi, don't know if this sounds like the same problem, but my 28pw6305 has a problem which i refer to in a telecom style term of 'clipping'. When there is a background sound, for example music playing, and then someone starts to talk over the sound, the speakers cut out, or clip, almost as if the added sound of the voice has 'overloaded' the sound processor with information, and this happens at all volume levels.

Also, when watching on sky, i get a slight fluctuation in colours, normally of flesh colours like faces, doesn't happen on terrestrial broadcast, anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

Cheers,

Damien