1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help. PF1 or PF2 or another 36in monster TV ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bboy-mass, May 23, 2003.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Guys,

I've just read a number of threads on this forum that have put me off purchasing a PF2. I was so up for it, but know I fear the green trails everyone is talking about. I work all day long so night time viewing is my prime time (I like the dark), so I'm paranoid now about the picture quality. Are people exagerating, or is there a real problem with these TV sets?.

What other 36in TV could I go for with a good progresive scan?

Peace

Bboy-Mass
    1982-2003

2. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally my experience of using the PF2 has been great, the green trails are almost unnoticable to my eye, even in the dark. The geometry, convergence and focus were all perfect straight out of the box.
    Personally loads of people have talked of the sony 36" FS model, but i'd never go near a sony again with the previous troubles i've had.
    The PQ of the PF2 is superb.

Spunky

Edit: Sorry the sony doesn't have prog scan, but it does use sony's DRC. I'm not aware of any other 36" t.v.s that support prog scan.

3. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    I don't have a monster CRT, however, as Spunky says, Toshiba PF2 is the only TV that supports NTSC/PAL prog scan, so if you need that then you don't have much choice, until Panasonic's new TX-36PD30D is confirmed having Pal prog scan via component inputs. Also in general Toshiba is making great TV's.

I am sure Panasonic's system will be very good indeed looking at their history of good sets and the specs. Or you can wait for JVC-DIST to launch a 36, whenever that will be. Sony's DRC is at premium price and it's not giving value for money nor total reliability looking at the threads here. Philips Pixel+, just look at all the threads.

Bear in mind that product is 100% fault free, you just have to hope that it is a fault free you get. Just look at cars, even people buying expensive German's or British, don't get total reliability.

Wasabi,