Please help!!! Onkyo nr1009 amp and focal dome sub??

leeno382

Hi folks, got a problem here and can't find any answers, am setting up my nr1009 amp with the focal dome 5.1 setup, now just opened my sub and found a cable I've never seen. Nor can I find where it goes? I've looked at docs and it doesn't even mention the sub??? The cable ive got has a 4 pin connector for the sub (high level input) and it has 4 strands for the amp supposedly, my amp doesn't seem to have anywhere for them to go?? Is there another cable I have to get?? Thanks for your help and time? Regards Lee

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You need a shielded phono sub cable to connect to the subwoofer preout on the back of the amp.
The cable you have is a high level cable that can be used with stereo amps without a sub preout. What you do is you connect the 4 cables to the front L/R speaker connections on the back of the amp (it should say all this in the manual).

leeno382

Thank you for your help, i dont have a manual for these speakers, just a quick start guide, so is the high level input no good to me? will i lose any sound quality setting it up with the phono? thank you

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You will lose no sound quality via the phono (in fact that is how the .1 soundtrack gets too the sub. Since the other speakers (assuming you have the domes) will be set to small with a suitable crossover in the receiver you will gain nothing by using the high level input so just leave it in the box.

leeno382

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated!! Thank you, off out to buy a cable now cheers :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom